Customer Service

Have you ever called an exclusive establishment to make a reservation only to be told that they are busy in a meeting (of all things!) and to call at some other time?

I don't care if I'm not a VIP, but when I get this answer I get pissed off. I easily get pissed off about the service (or lack thereof), which is why Zaini seldom ventures to try new hotels/restaurants as it will get ugly when I'm not happy. (Not with him, of course but with the staff there. I can be a difficult customer to please. And if I complain, it will be direct to the top).

I mean, how come a restaurant (in a 5 star hotel) unable to take calls for reservation during the operation hour? Hello? Don't you have any back up staff to man the telephone? Grrr.....

OK, sorry for the rant. I'm going off to the mall now. Want to do some damage with my newly approved platinum credit card. Hehehe...
Have you ever notice that the cashiers' attitude sometimes is based on the colour of your credit cards?

Comments

  1. Hehhee..welcome to customer service here. I am sorry to diss my fellow countrymen but customer service is in a sorry state here and they need to re-work whether it be restaurants, hotels, banks etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MBL,
    yes, our customer service is in a sorry state. :-(
    There are a few times I question the staff (promoters) directly on why they want to write the sales memo for stuff I want to buy since they didn't even help me in the first place!
    Banks? OMG! Sometimes it's like we are there just to inconvenience them from the sour look they gave.
    But there are only few bad apples, some are good and very helpful. I consider it my lucky day when I meet such nice people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shop when am pissed off, I shop when am depressed, I shop when am bubbly with happiness w/c reminds me I still have my newly approved card ready for splurging .. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could they give you such a reply? It's unacceptable especially for a 5 star hotel! Btw, go ahead and complain. The customer is always right! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rowena,
    time to whip out that new card of yours. :D

    @foongpc,
    yeah, I talked to the Manager later on. So now, it's going to be calls made direct to his handphone because I really hate being passed around too. (Don't make me say hi to the GM! hehehe)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts