Looks Like I'm Sticking With Maxis Broadband

After mulling over a few options, we decided to hang on to Maxis Broadband even though there are times we suffer with the slow internet connection.

We looked at Digi - too bad the coverage doesn't cover our home in Balakong. P1 W1max does not even have coverage in MidValley let alone FIL's house in Jalan Bangsar. (Pity as they do have coverage in Bangsar and Brickfields). Celcom seems too expensive due to the need to purchase the modem. Streamyx doesn't have the mobility we need (we need to have connection in two homes).

Anyway, our existing Maxis Broadband account is under Zaini's name and we've always felt that it was a tad too expensive to pay a monthly fee of RM143.00.

So, when we saw this promotion at PC Fair, we decided to change our account to my name and pay RM88 (well, at least for a year anyway) to my name.


I just wish that our internet connection will improve in the near future. It is now atrociously fickle with slow and fast (never full capacity) alternating connection. Maxis - can you buck up your service, please?

Comments

  1. maybe our government must involve on this matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think government should not be involved. Because of the government's narrow-minded regulation, choices of broadband is narrowed. Streamyx is terrible...but what choice do Malaysian have? It is the most affordable one among the rest. Yet, compared to other countries, Streamyx is tad expensive !!!

    Cheers :)
    Urgh...my line is pretty slow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please don't subscribe P1 Wimax service...i'm using it now..it's very fast for the 1st month...but after that,,the connection not stable and become slow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blogger Rise,
    I agree with Jason. More complication and restriction might result from Gov's intervention.

    @Jason,
    Our internet fees are way too expensive compared to other countries and we're being shortchanged for it. :(

    My Maxis broadband line was really slow yesterday night. I hope it'll be better tonight.

    @Azlan,
    OK, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard about the broadband complaints from my Malaysian blogger friends. Malaysia is a huge country, I think it is not easy to provide good connection to every city. Some parts will get better connection, but some parts may lag behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ECL,
    it may be true but poor connection in the Capital? Slow connection right smack in the city? It is interesting that Maxis Broadband doesn't even have good coverage at KLCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, it's interesting azlan has a different experience with P1. So far I have very fast connection with P1, in fact faster than streamyx and it's quite consistent. Of cos there are times it's been down, but so much better compare to the time I use streamyx or ----- BB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jim,
    you are using P1? They are having a new faster connection available now kan? I would've wanted to go for P1 W1max thinking my FIL's house at Jalan Bangsar would be covered, but sadly it isn't. :(
    Streamyx is a definite no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I'm using P1 now, the 1.2 mbs package. It's quite affordable at RM99/month. The fastest is 2.4 mbs but I don't think many ppl can afford it, RM199/month.

    Now they are also promoting the P1 wiggy but I think that one could be slower. You have to check with the P1 people to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts