Getting Comfy At Equatorial Hotel Cameron Highlands

We got ourselves a deluxe room for 2 nights and our room was on the topmost floor i.e. on the 13th floor.

The lobby at the lift area on the 13th floor.

Our room was tastefully decorated with subdued colours. Vases of red, pink and yellow roses brighten up the room. I do so adore roses, by the way.

What came as a nice surprise was our complimentary strawberries along with a note from the General Manager. Wasn't that nice? Raimie loves the strawberries and dipping them in the chocolate sauce, whipped cream and sugar that came with the strawberries.

The obligatory complimentary coffee and tea set. Of course this being Cameron Highlands, the tea sachets were of Cameronian tea.

For Muslim guests, you can be glad to know that not only the hotel provides a prayer mat in the room, a sheet of the solat (prayer) time of the current month was also printed out for your convenience.

The bathroom was a tad too small for my liking, but it serves its purpose. The bathtub was a bit old and worn (reminded me of the bathtub in Tower Room at Awana Genting) but the shower was amazing. I had a great shower here, but I do wish I have more wiggle room to shower in instead of standing in the cramp tub.

The only problem with the bathroom that I saw was that if we want to fill up the tub, even if we use the faucet, water would still come out from the shower head.

The room did smell nice (as did the corridors outside) as the hotel staff had switched on an electrical air freshener before we entered the room. Little touches that is very much appreciated.

The hotel does provide turndown service in the evening, another delightful service for us. Some hotel do advertise about this service being available but may not really provide them every single night, so seeing the housekeeping staff in the evening for the two nights we were there shows that they take service seriously.

The housekeeping even checked with me whether there was anything else I needed, and I asked for extra sheaf of writing papers. I had actually asked for some earlier on while I was at the lobby but after 4 hours, the papers weren't coming and I got them from the evening staff in a matter of seconds.

Our deluxe room had a balcony but the balcony of each room was situated so near to each other, we'd have to be careful not to accidentally peep at our neighbors! And Zaini warned me not to swan around the room in just my underwear. LOL. Luckily they do provide bathrobes; a bit worn, but they were there nonetheless for me to use.

We would love to put some chairs on the balcony to enjoy the view (and for Zaini to smoke his cigars) but the sliding door was too small to get the chairs out to the balcony. But it is a good thing for safety purpose.

Getting a room at the peak is highly recommended. We woke up to these view and breathing fresh mountain air. No wonder we slept like a log while we were there. Pity when we came back to Kuala Lumpur, we see haze instead of mist.


Next up - sight seeing in Cameron Highlands

Comments

  1. That is a lovely room with great views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday!
    I'm sure you feel fresh and relaxed from your CH trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ECL,
    It was.

    Everyone said I looked happy coming to office. Our CH vacation was a surprisingly fun vacation for us. Surprising because we didn't expect to have such a fun one (this coming from someone who usually went to Genting for their highland break, you know. :D ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a frequent visitor to equatorial cameron highland and we normally stay at the deluxe room but i never received a strawberry nor a flower in the bathroom.It must be your lucky day

    ReplyDelete
  5. @xplorer,
    either we're lucky or they were expecting us coming. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great views by the balcony, nice hotel services and facilties. I love the room. The strawberries with the dips, very nice treat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you must be so amazed with the great scenery from its balcony. I definitely want to have this kind of view from my bed room. I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the strawberries too. they are exquisitely sweet and juicy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ayie,
    I like the room too (and the comp strawberries) ;D

    @Life Ramblings,
    I wish I can wake up to that view everyday too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts