Sleeping-In No Run Saturday

No running for today! It's my taper week and am scaling back the mileage. Happy and proud to say that I've slowly but surely building up my mileage over the past two months; averaging 30k per week in January and 40k in February. Pffft! Big deal, you say? Well, it is for me!

No need to wake up so early and I'll let the two boys enjoy their early morning swim while I leisurely prepare breakfast. Nothing fancy planned for our brekkie - just the usual : baked beans, melted cheese, two eggs sunny side up, toast and a big cup of really, really kaw black coffee for me.

Then, we'll be off to IKEA to get the bookshelves for Raimie that we initially wanted to buy last week. But before that (or should it be after?), we need to make a stop at Padang Merbok. I need to collect my race kit and t-shirt for the One Vision Run KL I'll be doing on Sunday! Wish me luck!

Good luck to those who are running in races this weekend. Have fun! 

Talking about races, I registered myself early for the Energizer Night race that's gonna be on Apr 21st. I had wanted to register Raimie and Zaini for the fun run (5.5km) but initially Raimie wasn't interested. So I decided not to.

He suddenly mentioned to me yesterday that he did indeed wanted to do it but just as I about to register them, I learnt that the registration is already closed for the fun run category and all 1,500 spots taken up before the closing date which is on Mar 23rd. I missed it by just a few hours. Boooo!!!!

Anyways, there's another event that got my attention but it is held the next day after Energizer. It's the Jogathon Warisan 2012 - an event held at Kwang Tung Cemetery. Yes! You read right. A cemetery.  It's interesting - the fact that one can run around a Chinese cemetery. What other time would I be able to do this? Tempting but I know I won't recover fast enough from a 15.5km I'll be doing the night before at Energizer to be able to do a good time at Jogathon Warisan. Next year, maybe? ;)

Comments

  1. Normally I'd say that's really creepy - running round a cemetery. But, with a lot of other people, it might be fun. I admire your fitness and dedication, I never managed to run very far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you but like you mentioned, it is done with many others at the event so it may not be that bad. ;)

      Also, the run is to create awareness in preservation historical sites. We should totally support that, right? ^^

      Delete
  2. Averaging 40K a week is no joke. I've been having difficulties just trying to find the time to even run these days.

    All the best in the run tomorrow. There's also the Kidney run at Dataran tomorrow so it's gonna be a packed day in KL tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really salute you, Nick. Juggling demanding job and running. I actually have it easy. Pretty predictable work schedule and predictable life too. ^^

      Thanks Nick! Yeah, Kidney Run & 1 Vision Run tomorrow, near each other. :)

      Delete
  3. HiLina,

    I was googling for one vision run tomorrow (what is the release time? 7 a.m?) and bumped into your blog. I love reading your entries on running, on how you juggle running with your work and family.

    I hope to say hi to you if i see u tomorrow (if i recogise u la, hehe), but even if i don't, all the best for tomorrow!

    Regards
    Erma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya Erma!

      7am for Open category. Veteran at 7.15am. Which category are you in? :)

      Good luck and have fun tomorrow. I'll be in my pink vest. :) You?

      Delete
  4. cemetery huh :/ no pantang pantang ar?

    I wonder the organizer got plan really nice or not lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pantang there? You tell me! I dunno what's the pantang at "jirat Cina" owh. xD Malay cemeteries I know la.

      Anyway, the Jogathon Warisan has been held for several years already so I suppose they do organize it well. Right?

      Delete
  5. I am very proud of you too! *pats Lina's back*
    Go my buddy go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haiya... come here and join me la... don't just pat my back! LOL

      But thanks ECL! ^^

      Delete
  6. She makes me learn Malay and Manglish, and now she wants me to learn marathon-speak too. *_* What is a taper week? A week with less running?

    That cemetery run made me think of Yanaka Cemetery. ^^

    PS: What is kaw coffee?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever girl. Yup, scaling back the mileage about 20-25% after weeks of hard running for a breather before starting to build it the next week. ;)

      Yanaka Cemetery - yeah, I was thinking about it too. ;)

      Kaw coffee - coffee with a kick. ;p

      Delete
    2. So you're a kaw blogger? :D

      Delete
    3. I wish!

      But you are! :)

      Delete
  7. haha, why you no run today?? hehehe, i also skip my gym today lah.. but hey, i wasn't enjoying my weekend, i am working on my assignments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK such a good boy, studied and did assignments on weekends. :)

      Delete
  8. now only i take some time during dinner to blog hop a bit.. haiz, how pity i am right?? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I pity you? ;)

      Kesian SK. Now go and study again.. Don't play-play so much! LOL

      Delete
  9. aiyoh, melted cheese on the eggs with baked beans and toast?? that's not something simple lah, indeed very wholesome breakfast!! i just had my instant oat this morning, you call that simple~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy what! Compared to cooking Nasi Lemak for breakfast. ;p

      Delete
  10. wah, walkathon around the cemetry?? by the day or at night?? hmmm, no idea why they choose that place, won't those walkers disturb the "owners" of the cemetry?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jog lah not walk. It's a jogathon. In the morning.

      It is done at a cemetery to raise awareness to preserve these historical cemeteries, that's why.

      I suppose the Chinese Association members feel that the "owners" are OK with it. Got a lot of visitors coming to visit mah. xD

      Delete
  11. Huh? Why is the run organized at a cemetery? Sounds spooky? It's a night run I hope? : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the effort for the run is to raise awareness of the cemetery as a natural heritage and to avoid being turned into a commercial development.

      Would be great if can run at night. Just imagine - 1,000 runner registered and suddenly extra 1,000 "appeared" heeeeee

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts