It's Nice To Be Posh Sometimes...

I've been whining to Zaini for the past few weeks that I missed the experience of having a leisurely breakfast at some nice hotel. Not just any buffet breakfast, sharing space with hordes of tourist groups, screaming children or groups attending seminars, mind you. I wanted the quiet elegance 5-star hotels' club level or executive level floors offer.

I've been trying to get Zaini to say yes to me booking a room in some hotel for my SCKLM 2012 run (and me paying for it) but up till Saturday, 23rd he was still adamant that he'd send me to the race site on Sunday morning. Plus, he refused to stay at any 3 star and less hotel in KL! Sheesh!

I actually booked a room on the day we were checking-in because at 9.00am'ish, Zaini read my runners' guide booklet and noticed that shuttle buses were provided from certain points to ferry runners to the race site. That meant I can go to the race site by taking the bus myself.
Nice room at Level 30 for us.
and it comes with a view. Can see Lake Garden, Tugu Negara, Parlimen, etc from our room. Very nice... Absolutely love the bathroom with a view.

The room was so nice, I was hugely tempted to DNS SCKLM and stay snuggled up in my bed instead!

I can see Jalan Travers from my room and while getting ready to head out for my run on Sunday, I got to see the full marathoners in action, running along the road.
Raimie in his "rich boy" mode. LOL
Dinner and breakfast at the Club Level lounge were absolutely divine. Quiet. Understated. Attentive and friendly staff. No snootiness here. I really do miss this. But of course to enjoy this, fork out money lor.... hahaha

I actually stank up the breakfast area on Sunday (sorry fellow guests!) because seeing that I still had time to enjoy breakfast, we headed straight to eat breakfast - but not before stinking up the LRT first as we took the LRT back to our hotel; and me in my running gear (bib and all intact!) @.@ I had a lovely breakfast while Zaini had two lovely breakfasts. He had earlier eaten breakfast with Raimie there, before heading off to Dataran Merdeka to wait for me.

Equally nice was the friendly staff at the hotel. If I'm to fault them (actually, I'd blame the management), it's the total ignorance of the staff about the KL Marathon that was happening on that Sunday. After all, I wasn't the only guest at the hotel running the SCKLM 2012. Three Japanese diners at a table next to us were running in it too. Two of them overtook me at KM10, and were talking about having a drink later! ;)

A few guests asked me about the marathon, seeing that I wore a bib and all and were very interested about the event. A hotel staff later told me that she actually had to google up about the marathon as a lot of the guests who were having breakfast (and saw the swarm of 10K runners whizzing by) asked about it. It's rather a pity that big hotels (and other establishment in and around KL) don't really support and being made aware of this event.

Awesome stay and awesome run. What more could I ask for a weekend?

I told the staff when we were checking-out that we'll see them again next year. Yup, I'll join SCKLM again next year. Which category? Do I dare say it'll be a Full? ;p

Comments

  1. Yeah, eating at a club lounge is always a treat. Love the views too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a treat.

      Plus nobody went overboard and behave like they haven't eaten for days on that level. Everyone behaved. ;p

      Delete
  2. You do have a splendid weekend. Hotel stay and a run. This year 10KM, next year? lina, if I sign up Taiping run, I will only dare to join 5KM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year 21K.

      Who knows next year, right? ^^

      Delete
  3. Wah! Your running event was so costly and luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better restrict 21K (and maybe 42K?) running events otherwise, too many of these will definitely bankrupt me! LOL

      Delete
    2. yalor, what a luxury event for her running "trip".. probably she has spent more than i've spent in HK~~ :D

      Delete
    3. Where got... I cannot afford the very high-end hotel lah... ;p

      Delete
  4. I love that kinda hotel at level 30 with exotic bathroom and erotic beds!




    Muahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Both Es you mentioned also I like. Bwahaha!!!

      Delete
    2. wow, exotically erotic room for two with a little kid watching!! :D

      Delete
  5. Your rich boy Raimie looks cute on the bed. Why no photos of the Rich Man Zaini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to see ah? ;p

      Delete
    2. the rich man and the rich woman was enjoying the exotically erotic bathroom, that's why they ditch the rich boy on bed~~ :p

      Delete
    3. Clever!

      Muahaha!!!!!!

      But your forgot. Cannot do anything naughty that time. I period. huhuhu

      Delete
  6. Next year book another 5 Star hotel for a change. I always like to rotate few hotels if I stay anywhere for a week so that can compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, rotate hotel, macam la to escape paparazzi only~

      Delete
    2. If its KL hotels, I tend to be very faithful. I usually stay at the same hotel becausr I know the service would be great/the same there. And I like the fact that I know the staff and the staff know me. ^^

      Delete
  7. Sorry, not interested in your run, as I'm no runner.

    But I can't take my eyes off the magnificent view of KL and that piece of salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...

      Salmon was absolutely yummy.

      View was gorgeous.

      Delete
    2. everything was good lah, since the rich woman spent so much to pamper herself..

      Delete
    3. If after spending so much and it wasn't good, I sure die-die go introduce myself to the hotel's GM one! ;p

      Delete
  8. I like the bathtub by the window. What hotel is this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. did i miss that or you did not even mention which hotel is that?? near dataran merdeka and masjid jamek?? hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice hotel.. but to me the star is not a concern, as long as the hotel is clean, tidy, comfortable and convenient, then it will be 5 star for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, if its for relaxing; I require this :
      Comfort
      Luxury
      Service

      Delete
  11. wow, all the meals in hotel room!! never left the hotel at all huh?? good lah, paid so much must enjoy the room to the fullest mah~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in the room. In the club lounge. All makan free. ;p

      Delete
  12. i love buffet breakfast!! i can eat a lot and for two hours long, hahaha!! i'll make sure i taste at least 75% of the things they served.. and always have second helpings for the cold cuts and sausages~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. errr, cannot blame the staff for being ignorant about the marathon lah.. they are not one of the sponsors right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But with a number of guests (local and foreign alike) staying because of the marathon and its close vicinity to the race site, must at least know a bit lar....

      Delete
  14. the salmon is snack only right?? haha, so little, cannot be your dinner or lunch right?? or just one of the courses for your meal??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That smoked salmon was breakfast. ;p

      Delete
  15. level 30 .. it is a very high le ..
    I am phobia of heights.. kakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got higher floor lagi! We were on the lowest of the "privilege" floor! LOL

      Delete
  16. wah club lounge .. all makan free..
    good le .. eat all u can..
    so after a tired exercise then makan kau kau..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makan kau-kau

      then drink kau-kau also!

      haha

      Delete
  17. the room is big le..
    I love the big bed ..
    when I stay in China hotel the half side always untouch... unless..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haaaa!!!! fui fui ask for evidence or not that the half side are always left untouched, SP? ;p

      Delete
  18. If I want to stay in a KL hotel ..
    it must have a KLCC view...
    my dream is to have a condo to have a KLCC view..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would nice, eh?

      Buy lah... got lots of high-end condo with KLCC view, right? ;p

      Delete
  19. You took yourself out of that room to run a marathon? Crazy woman, you! I would've stayed right there and watched the race through binoculars! :D

    Nice bathroom. Nice breakfast.

    Oh, and cute rich boy! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy right? Even Zaini told me so and tried to make me forfeit my race for a lazy weekend instead. I was sorely tempted, but I guess the urge to run with a few thousand crazies was too much to bear. LOL

      The bath was especially nice at night. The exterior was iluminated with blue lights so when we turn off the bathroom light, we can soak in the bath, and see the blue lights instead. Noice. ;p

      Delete
  20. hahah challenge for next year? perhaps need to practice run and extend your breath system, so you can run like a train! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts