Running With A Group

I did something that I've never done before and that's doing my LSD run with a group of people. All these while I do this alone or with Zaini cycling beside me. It's certainly a new experience and an eye-opening one at that.

I went with a group of runners that was introduce to me by fellow lady runners who ran the Engineer's Run for MAKNA last week, doing a Malakoff simulation run around the Malakoff race route that is going to be on next week. All I can say is, thank goodness I'm not running Malakoff. hahaha Hills? And doing it twice as the route has two loops? Blergh. Much respect to you guys who are doing this next week.

Got out from the house at 5.20am and waited for Nannoor who had kindly offered to pick me up, at Petronas Sation. Fairy and the rest of the gang was there and all set to go by 6.30am.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful or anything but I only wanted to do a 7:30pace for this week's LSD but I guess my pace was too slow for the rest of the gang. Actually, I was slower than doing a 7:30 pace as I walked quite a bit along the route too. The runners were quite nice to check on us but I guess me running slow worried them. Ahahaha

Maybe I wasn't cut-out to run in a group since I was the slowest of the bunch?

Though all in all, it was a fun experience and the route was nice, albeit littered with killer hills. The group member were nice to regroup at several pit-stops and waited for us slower ones to arrive and we had plenty of camwhoring session too!
 Meet and greet session. heh heh
 Going up, for the umpteenth time! On the plus side, it's shady.
Group photos at one of the pit-stops. As always, Lina can't resist looking stupid.

They are going to do another LSD the week after Malakoff. Do I want to join them, if they let me? I'd love too but I think my pace will be too slow for their comfort. Heeeeee......

Comments

  1. oooi, you went training, i thot you went to grab another medal again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thot that hamsap SP said he saw you in a black suit, i was trying to look for you in that photo in black but you were wearing baby blue??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually cannot spot you also, but you said you were trying to be funny, i think that one doing ghost face was you..

      Delete
    2. After run, change the sweaty t-shirt to another fresh one la. Otherwise, so kesian other people around me, have to smell my funky smell pulak. ;p

      Delete
    3. ya lo....i was looking for baju hitam too but couldnt find

      Delete
    4. kakaka... panas la wear baju hitam running! ;p

      Delete
  3. aiyoh, running in hartamas then taking LRT from Taman Jaya to Bangsar?? hmmm, i wonder what you were having for lunch and dinner today..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? hehehe

      Nothing special... anyway, long winded route because I tumpang people's car mah.

      Though after that, it turned out that I need not take the LRT after all, and got a ride back home. ^^

      Not with SP, of course! kekeke

      Delete
  4. hehehe, your pace is too slow for them the professionals.. so you are suspecting whether they are inviting you for the second time?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet if I tagged along, I just stressed them out with my slowness! Hahaha

      Delete
  5. When is Malakoff already? Next week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's good to run as a group too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. depends on our preference actually. :)

      Delete
  7. I think running as a group can be used as motivation. Esp for slower ones, can use it to push themselves harder to join the faster runners.. But well, it all depends on the runners too, I guess..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it all depends on the individual runner.

      I guess for me, as a slow runner and one who does not want to overtrain by pushing harder, running with a faster pace group can be quite a pressure. ;p

      Well, maybe I should run faster. But I don't really want to. Hahaha

      Delete
  8. If you are tortoise better not run with the hares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's what this torroise realised today.

      Better stick to other tortoises and snails for the time being. kekeke

      Delete
  9. That SP is double standard fella. He pretend to say you didn't hear him calling you. His voice could have been soft like a dying fish blowing bubbles. How can Yannie say he is gentleman? ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yannie different. She's hot mama.

      Me not hot mama. No need to shout so loud for me to hear. LOL

      Delete
  10. Now hot mama praise him to the clouds. ...he wanna hurry to eat poh piah in Taiping next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He cannot tahan dy. Must be having wet dreams daily about eating poh piah there! Hahaha

      Delete
  11. I would probably be the last, if I join the group huhuu..
    I buat la *almost* weekly incline training but..err...not really my favourite. Kerna terpaksa. And I'm still not confident to run Malakoff. So yup much respect for the runners doing it. I can already imagine the lung-busting feeling just looking at the photos :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan???? Sangat respect kat orang2 yang year-in year-out buat Malakoff. I benci hills! But mesti mesti mesti train for it. Tapi malas... camner ek? ;p

      Delete
  12. fuyooo meriah betul LSD....see u at Newton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau sempat nmpk la... orang tu mesti pecut laju punya... asap pun belum tentu nampak. ;)

      Delete
  13. Hartamas ah? a lot of hills one wor...letih running. Hmmm usually if we go Publika on sunday, will see a lot of runners at Hartamas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy damn hilly... but yeah, saw plenty of runners there. Wouldn't mind running there at the route again, but maybe with slower (much slower) people. ;p

      Delete
  14. Wahhh i luv Running LSD in group but I also always the slowest one in the bunch... Labi2 pace as usual... Must do the simulation run too soon, in UKM also got lots of hills for training Kak Lina.... Wait until Newton then... =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Babe, no such thing as too slow pace lah with this group, I pun selalu last in the group. Memang some of them super fast (belum lagi Bismi and Lini join - that pair memang LSD diorang tu is my sprint pace kot). Hope you'll join us again, it's all in good fun. :) Their regroup methodology I like very much, gives everyone a chance to meet up again and continue on together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts