Only three weeks left till we get to the new year of 2013.
Running wise, it's been a fun year so far. I have only one race left to do for 2012 and that's the Newton Challenge on Dec 30th. One more and we're done for the year. ^^
12 months and 15 races so far. I've been rather good and picked and chose my races for the first half of the year as a part of my Half-Marathon training for SCKLM in June so I entered only 5 races from Jan - May. Such discipline and restraint. Hahaha
- Jan saw me doing 12km at Multi-Purpose Insurance Run.
- I did the One Vision Run 10km in Feb
- A night run that wasn't a happy ending for me at Energizer Night Run, doing a 15.5km in Apr
- A 10km Bomba Run in May and then a free 8km Standard Chartered Fun Run too
- June saw me doing my first half-marathon at Standard Chartered KL Marathon
Then, after that I kinda went crazy...
- July saw me doing the 11.8km Men's Health & Shape Night Run which I didn't even signed up for and I had super fun joining a 3km relay team event with Nick, Neoh and CK at Pacemakers' Anniversary Run
- I went on a race spree in September and somehow signed up for three races that month! I started the month with a 16.8km Adidas King of the Road, a half-marathon at Taiping International Marathon and I finished off with a 10km Salomon X-Trail run.
- October got me coming back to Putrajaya Night Marathon and I did a half-marathon too instead of the 10K that I did last year.
Up to this point, I have been joining races for a full year. One year from entering my first road race ever to this.
- We went to Setia Alam in November for me to do another half-marathon there at CICM Responsible Care Run and we also traveled to Penang for me to run in the Penang Bridge International Marathon (another half-marathon for me) using a donated bib. I guess race fatigue caught up with me as I've been having slower and slower timing for my half marathons. That, and the fact I haven't been properly following any training plans to prepare for my subsequent half-marathons after SCKLM. My bad...
- The 1st day of December and I met a few lady runners when I joined the supposedly 7.8km turned into a 5km run at Engineers' for MAKNA Run at UNITEN.
After the Newton Challenge on Dec 30th, I have the Multi-Purpose Insurans Run on Jan 6th. Nothing yet for Feb. Brooks Half-marathon in March and Borneo International Marathon in May. I need to pick and choose my races in 2013 so it'll match my training plan and so that I don't get burned out.
Can't wait for 2013! :)