Back To The 1990s

So I was watching 2012 KBS Song Festival on TV. There's this segment where the current idol bands showcased hit songs by idol bands in the 1990s and I couldn't help but smile at how nostalgic the 1990s tunes are. Korea has Shinhwa, HOT, g.o.d., Sechs Kies, then you all know NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, NSync, the Brits with Take That, Westlife, Boyzone and Malaysia with Nico, 4U2C, Feminin... Memories... ^^

1990s. The time of my youth. The time when I first had my crush. When my heart was broken. The time when I had dreams. Big dreams. But also the time of extreme loneliness for me. A time when insecurities held supreme too. A time of outward fearlessness.

It wasn't a happy time (well, at least not until the late 1990s ^^) but I looked back at those times fondly now. I used to erase any memories of my childhood because it was a tad painful but I guess with "old" age came acceptance of life and life lessons. 

And whaddya know... there's a Korean drama got me reminiscent about the past. In a good way.
It's tvN's sitcom : Answer Me 1997 and it has Eun Ji Won in it! It's humorous, a sitcom of 30-something and their teenage life way back in the 90s. Cute. And for a late 30s me, I can't help but connect with the story.

You can read the recap at Dramabeans. I love reading recaps! Just as much as I love watching the dramas!

Now, if you excuse me. I have stuff to do.

And oh yeah, Happy Chinese New Year to those celebrating it!

Comments

  1. I was never into idol bands or celebrities when I was young, a real bookworm, too nerdy. My son is the opposite of me. Two generations living in different times. Both you and him have more fun than me. *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and my Son definitely is having more fun than me! ;)

      Delete
  2. I was at my wildest in the 90s. Like you I erased much of my schooling memories. Got school gals who fought too. Anay pening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls fight for Anay? Wahhhh Anay so popular. ;)

      Delete
  3. These days I am glued to the Kbs drama sitcoms too. All those backstabbing and gossip mongers. ..I can connect every part. So dashyat life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate those kind of dramas.

      I like fun, light-hearted dramas - sitcoms. I've got headache in real life already, don't want to add more by watching blodd-pressure-raising kind of dramas. ;p

      Delete
    2. me too..
      I normally will watch those fun and happy series..
      those chinese series always talk about family problem, those wifes fighting with concubines..watch also feel very depressed and tension

      Delete
    3. Hi-five SP!

      Or better watch grrrr grrr movies! Bwahahah!!!!!

      Delete
  4. In the 1990s, where was I? Yeah, I was building up my family and was a real busy mum n teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90s is a lot of things to me.

      Finished SPM in the 90s.

      Studied something I hated but to please my parents (esp as I studied for free) in the 90s.

      Worked in the 90s.

      Met Zaini as a colleague in the 90s.

      Married in the 90s.

      ^^

      Delete
  5. Not into boybands and not into K-pop. Eyewwwww!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we young 'uns will go eeewwwwww also at your oldies song choice. Hahaha

      Delete
  6. Happy Chinese New Year!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheh!! I thot with that title you are going to show us some of your photos taken in the 90s~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyoh! Showed them a few times already lah.

      Later you all accuse me of rehashing old themes pulak! ;p

      Delete
  8. very true.. the 90s are those years I was growing up too!! lots of memories, good and bad.. and when we grow older, we tend to remember stories which are older right?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... later we'll turn like our grandma and grandpa and bore our grandchildren with our young times stories also! Bwahaha

      Delete
  9. you late 30s meh?? no lah just slightly over 30 and a three-quarter to 40 only lah.. muahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good way to think of it! LOL

      Delete
  10. Back in the 90s...people say tak takut mati ..no commiment...bright future..full of dreams...ya true..as we grow older we tend to loo back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are fearless back then.

      Now want to do anything have to think first. Commitment.

      Delete
  11. nowadays I seldom watch Korean movies..
    coz usually my wife will watch TVB series..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch on my notebook. Download punya.

      TV is conquered by son & hubby. xD

      Delete
  12. of course those korean boy and girl is so cute and handsome..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yalah, that's why Ah Hua & Yannie can pancut see those flowers boys. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts