Fun-Filled Saturday

Who would've thought I'd wake up at 4.30am on a non-race day on a weekend to go out running? With the boys waking up without my prodding too! This must be my lucky day!
Jamie's eleven.

The reason we went out at such ungodly hours to go to Lake Garden : joining the GCAM 2013 - Team My in Training. Session #4.

Followed speedsters Jamie, Nick and the lovely PifflesInc doing two loops around the lake before the 7.00am session. Thank goodness they were doing a "tok kok" pace run otherwise I wouldn't have been able to follow them! huhuhu

At 7.05am, the group run started. We did a loop around the lake before tackling the deer park incline, pass the Bird Park then to the foot of planetarium hill and the mosque before heading back to the lake for another loop.
Hopping like a bunny. Hahaha
While waiting for Mommy, Raimie & Zaini did a loop around the lake too. Raimie needs to train because his mommy had registered him to run with her and daddy in the Pisang Relay in May and the 2.5km kids dash in Standard Chartered KL Marathon in June.
He was good enough to run with mommy who was at her final few metres before finishing too.
Piffles Inc aka Yvonne had nicely made a bunny tail for me so I was trying it out while wearing her very cute, handmade bunny ears. Did this in full view of some secondary school kids who passed by us while doing their cross-country run. Whatever lah this auntie is doing? Bwahaha
Met up with Karen afterwards, got a couple to Malaysia Women Marathon t-shirts from her and simply cannot resist a photo with her.

Karen is the race director of Malaysia Women Marathon. Met and talked to her earlier in my sweaty running gear. Went to shower at the nearby toilet before taking this photo. Must look nice and smell good la... right? Hahaha
Then, off we went to The Curve.

I forgot to bring my deodorant along, so had a stop at Watson's and used one of Rexona's spray-on deodorant tester. LOL

Picked up my race kit for the half-marathon I'll be doing next week at Brooks Half Marathon.
Then, makan!

The boys had a hotdog each and mommy had TWO! Hungry lah, after running that 13km earlier in the morning.

Did a bit of shopping - "accidentally" bought something at Adidas store. Ahahaha
and two hours later, had this for lunch. Nasi kunyit with chicken curry at Nyonya Colors.
Me and hubby in couple Malaysia Women Marathon tees.

Noticed my different hair style? Had a haircut too, today.

Posted some photos at FB, replied to comments on my blog (I'll comment on yours soon, I promise. You know who you are ^^) then pretty soon it was dinner time.

After dinner, went to Carrefour errr... AEON Big or whatever it is called now. Some shopping and got this too
It may not be Haagen-Dazs but still satisfying.

It's 11.00pm now and I am still not yet sleepy. Need to sleep soon. Need to wake up early tomorrow for a nice 16K run at target HM pace. 

Nite, peeps!

Comments

  1. rest early and all the best tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wenn. But it's already 11.20pm when I finished this post. LOL

      Slept around midnite. As usual. ;)

      Delete
  2. when Mak Rempinator had almost all her activity for the day done, Thambee was just about to go out.. the early bird really catches the worm, and the early worm really caught by the bird!! apalah, what am i talking about?? siao already~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your shower episode made you sioa ah? wakaka

      Delete
  3. wah, trying to be a bunny with that hairdband and the fluffy tail above bontot??!! you want a new nickname Makbunny Rempinator?? hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can ask for bigger and fluffier tail? Please, please, pleeeeease....

      Delete
  4. fuyoh PSY standing beside Karen!! wakakakaka.. what makes you feel yourself look like PSY standing beside her?? you are oppa and she is sexy lady?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I forgot to bring my deodorant along, so had a stop at Watson's and used one of Rexona's spray-on deodorant tester.".. OMG mak oi, this is such a smart idea, hahaha!! next time i must go Sasa to use their testers to put on perfume also~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA

      Jimat and no need to buy perfume, like that! LOL

      Delete
    2. Wah, I like this idea, too! Muehehehehe! I'm so cheapskate~ :p

      Delete
  6. so happy lah your saturday.. ada hot dog, ada accidentally something from Adidas, ada nasi kunyit with chicken curry, ada cheap ice cream thrill but not really cheap to me also.. good lah!! the ice cream habis already or still half in the freezer??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yooooohooooo hehehhheheeh now i know if i dont see you there i can find you here (wah macam stalker je)
    Wow i truly applaud you with your marathons, wish i could have the stamina but i know me too well im the lil train that just says 'Oh leave me alone' Love your new pixie style hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe...

      This blog pun doesn't get updated often lately. Banyak sangat distraction. ;)

      But HELLO! Welcome to this blog, dearie!

      Delete
  8. Hmmm...nice kah the food at this kind of place. I usually find them good...but not the best e.g. chicken rice at the Chicken Rice Shop - would have to go to the authentic places for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyah, I feel that if you want the best, definitely don't go to these frnachised type of places lah...

      Authentic taste for me means homecooked. ;)

      Delete
  9. Waking up at 4.30 am on a Sunday is not fun for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for most sane people its not! LOL

      Delete
    2. haha.... glad I am sane.

      You participate in the throwing of mandarin oranges on Chap Goh Meh too!? That's awesome.

      If I throw a mandarin orange into our Singapore River, I will be fined for 'littering'. Malaysia boleh.

      Have a fruitful Chap Goh Meh!

      Delete
    3. No lah. I don't. But I have some friends who do. ^^ Know some who did the catching too. ;)

      We don't simply throw them into any old river lah, ECL.

      There are events held for this. :)

      Happy Chap Goh Meh!

      Delete
  10. Love the new hairstyle!
    and yes, ice-cream is a great way to wind down the hectic day you had from wee hours of the morning til late night. :)

    good luck for Brooks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had Belgian choc ice cream though. But majority wins. :(

      Thanks!

      Will look for you to pose for a butt shot next Sunday. Where are you going to be again? On top of some inclines just as we runners ran out of steam at the final km? ;p

      Delete
  11. These bunny photos should be enlarged and framed, and you and Zaini are a Very Nice Couple, but (of course) my favourite photo in this particular collection is mommy and Raimie running together. ^^

    PS: You do realize that one day soon he's probably going to leave you in the dust? He's growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reply to the p.s.

      Don't remind me. I know I have only a few years left... but I'm trying sooooo soooo very hard not to be a clingy mommy. wuuwuuwuu

      Delete
  12. Speedster? Me? Hahaha! Jamie and Yvonne, yes la.

    All the best for Brooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right Nick! :-D

      All the best to you maintaining a cruising pace run. I remember you mentioned you're taking it easy but let's see whether you can't help speeding up, shall we. *wink wink*

      Delete
  13. whattt.....4am....really salute you la

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how in this world can you ""accidentally" bought something at Adidas store" ? LOL

      Delete
    2. the bunny tail not big enough la...cannot really see if you are running

      Delete
    3. Cannot be too big also lah, Meow. Later takut look obscene pulak. LOL

      Delete
    4. p.s. Need to wake up at three this Sunday as I hv a race that starts at 5:30. :-D

      Delete
    5. Mana ada obscene? Must be outstanding! Not very big, but I request for at least 50% bigger than current one? Yes? No?

      Delete
  14. Goodness your boys woke up so early! That was truly a happy family's spirit and unity. Anay like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like going without them.

      Anyway, as they follow me, they also will end up getting fresh air and do a bit of exercise while waiting. Otherwise, just lepak at home. Not healthy also. ;-)

      Delete
  15. Oh I love that word "accidental" shopping cos I do that always and I told wifey it was unplanned shopping. Next time I will blame it to accidental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a lot of unintentional and unplanned purchases >.<

      Now Minah Rempinator taught me another noun for this kind of shopping, "accidental" :D

      Delete
    2. Soli, not noun but adjective.

      *later kena corrected by English teacher :p

      Delete
    3. Yvonne,
      I don't even know what is a noun and what is an adjective. :-D

      Delete
  16. Have exercise, have good food, have family activity, have "accidental" shopping and have a hair cut - a really fun filled Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts