Taking Stock

I’ve entered and ran 12 road races so far this year, of varying distances. 

The farthest was 42.38km (according to my Timex) at Malaysia Women Marathon in April and the shortest was 7.46km at the Milo Breakfast Run in May. Technically, the Pisang Relay is the shortest as we (me, hubby and Raimie) ran 2 x 2.72km loops per person but I decided to run along with Son while he did his and raked up almost 11km that day. Talk about being “kiasu”. Hahaha

A few races that I signed up for got postponed this year. 

I’ll forgo Borneo International Marathon, which will be held this Sunday. I really am not fated to run this marathon I guess. It clashed with Malaysia’s General Election the first time around. I flip-flopped in deciding whether to buy airtickets for the second date but finally decided against it. Good thing I didn’t because I had not been running at ALL for the past four weeks! To still go ahead to do a full marathon after weeks of no training would be foolish not to mention foolhardy.

I DNS (did not start) New Balance Half Marathon last weekend and could just look at friends’ happy faces achieving PBs bitterly. Everyone I know that ran at NB HM seems to smash their own personal best time. *me jealous!* T___T

My next race will be with the family, running in the McDonald’s Olympic Day Run on Sep 15th. I am so thankful and relieved upon hearing that CICM Responsible Care Run; which is supposed to be held on the same day (and which I also signed up for) is now postponed to Dec 1st. Hopefully I’ll be able to do it come December.

I have great plans for September as it is a special month for me but it’s not meant to be. In my eagerness to participate in everything, I’ve forgotten to listen to my body. Lesson learnt.

I re-looked into my training plans and tweaked them with the hope to be able to use them soon, in time for Putrajaya Night Marathon, Penang Bridge International Marathon and… Malaysia Women Marathon next year! Ha!

I have two other events next month. Well, they aren’t races actually because both do not offer prizes (if I'm not mistaken) or even timing chips. What we runners look forward to, at these two events will be a safe and organized venue to run and in a controlled manner with like-minded people.

River Jungle Marathon on Sep 1st.
Pacesetters’ Back to Basic 30K on Sep 8th.

Zaini had volunteered to run the River Jungle Marathon on my behalf. I was skeptical at first. Why would he want to do this? My response to him was by making him complete a 3-hour run last weekend! Talk about being a slave driver! LOL


He ran his first race at Siemens Charity Run in 2009 for his son.
He ran his first half-marathon in 2012, to show that he can do it and he did.

He will run his first full marathon in 2013. For me! Good luck hubby!

I’m crossing my fingers (and toes) that I’ll be able to do Standard Chartered KL Marathon at the end of September. If I’m running, I still need to finish well before 3 hours if I am to cheer for son at his start of the 2.5km Kids’ Dash. Otherwise, I probably would have missed his finish too. Wouldn’t want that, would we?

A look at my races I've done so far, up to July 2013:

January : 
Multi-Purpose Insurans Run (12K)
March : 
Brooks Half Marathon (21K)
April : 
Malaysia Women Marathon (42K)
World Kidney Run (12K)
May : 
Pisang Relay (2.72K x 2)
Milo Breakfast Run (7K)
Standard Chartered Fun Run (8K)
June : 
UKM Victory Run (15K)
Mizuno Wave Run (16K)
Alpha Run (8K)
Perodua Run for A Cause (15K) thanks Aina for the bib!
July : 
Seremban Half Marathon (21K)

What’s in store from Sep – Dec:

September: 
Pacesetter Back to Basics (30K)
McD Olympic Day Run (3K) with family
Standard Chartered KL Marathon (21K)
October: 
 Putrajaya Night Marathon (42K)
November: 
Penang Bridge International Marathon (42K)
December: 
CICM Responsible Care Run (21K)

And oh yeah, I’ve registered for the Skyhawk Nature Run 2014. My first half-marathon in Melaka! My first race in Melaka, as a matter of fact.

Who else going? ^^

Comments

  1. wow, already planning for 2014! Times seem to fly by very fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so active in running. That's great!

      Delete
    2. I got to plan. Doing half marathons & marathons involves training. I need at least 5 months to get ready for a full marathon. O_O

      Delete
  2. Wah! So many races! Now I have a clearer picture of all your runs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banyak achievements you tahun ni! Well done, Lina. I am not even close to half of what you've done. Tu tak masuk training you lagi tu.
    The HM in Melaka sounds interesting. I have a soft spot for Melaka hehe...
    Hope you recover really really soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takdela Millie. I was (and still am) getting lazy nak wake up early morning to train so I made a conscious effort to sign up for races to make sure I do my LSD. :-D

      Bayangkanla... Masuk race sbb nak wat LSD. No wonder selalu kn sound del Zaini kan? Huhuhu

      I envy you. You're sure getting faster& faster. Tak terkejar dah.kipidap Millie! & all the best for Sunday. :-)

      Delete
    2. next sunday, i mean. :-)

      Delete
  4. What? CICM postponed? Argh...singapore, putrajaya, singapore, putrajaya....*sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing official yet kot...
      But I saw it being mentioned on FB.
      Dec means you have SCSM?

      Delete
  5. errr, apa nak cakap ni ah??

    wow, you have been running so fast!! that's such an achievement right?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, totally boring cerita for non-runners. Hahaha

      I haven't been running fast la... I'm running slower now... Sad, right? :-D

      Delete
    2. yalah, you know right, i always very frank to you.. when it comes to running post, sure i tarak read every detail and cannot comment much~~ muahahaha :D

      Delete
    3. You came & visit & still comment. It means a lot to me dy. :-)

      Delete
  6. so nice, whole family also into running now.. hubby runs for wife, daddy and mommy run for son.. and son runs for daddy and mommy~~ sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonding, lina family style. ;-)

      Delete
    2. this is something good and should be learned by others.. :)

      Delete
    3. we all bond differently. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Wish Zaini best of luck in RJM. Don't worry as the race is organised by the best and the new/alternate route properly more runner friendly too. Best race to start as FMV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt happy to see all your runs! You inspired many people to take up challenges in life. We should not be lazy and need to exercise outside sometimes. Mak Glam is our mascot & icon for "Run For A Healthier life"...Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buat apa jadi mascot. I wanna be ambassador. Baru glam! Wakaka

      Delete
  9. 42.38km is very long distance. Anay would faint halfway and ambulance need to be summoned. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why people train hard to do this distance Anay.

      If you do train, I bet Anay has no problem finishing also. :-)

      Delete
  10. I also believe that you have no fate to run for the BIM. Sometimes things happen for good reasons. Time to rest lah and let your legs heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.

      Gotta let it go & not sweat it too much. Opportunities will come again. And yes, better rest and heal first. I wanna use my legs for a long tome. :-)

      Delete
  11. My age is catching up but deep in my heart I am still dreaming that someday I would run marathons and cycle long distance. I am hoping that my tendons would heal miraculously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lady runner who had a double knee injury and yet, she is able to run again & win too!

      I'm going to write a post about her soon. :-)

      Delete
  12. Age is but a number girl! I am putting age and accidents behind me and running as much as I can. Was hoping to catch you during the NB run...having last seen you only at MPIB (used you as my target pacer:P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll catch up at RJM though I won't be running.

      Wave hi ya! :)

      p.s. don't use me as a target la. I'm slow. HAHAHA

      Delete
  13. He's running on your behalf? OK, that's it, that's true love. :D

    How's the injury coming along? I hope the slow walkpeditions are helping the mind and the body!

    Ki o tsukete! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish true love brings me oodles of money. Muahaha!!!

      Walkpeditions going on slowly but I'm now seriously missing the long runs despite I may suffer doing it. :-D

      Thanks Ru!:-)

      Delete
  14. Wahhh, so many events for this year... Have a super speedy recovery ya, Sis... Me too, need to listen to my body before the injuries strike, takut gak nih... Maklumla stubborn gak once in a while...


    Glad that Zaini will run RJM on your behalf... So sweet of him, that shows how much he loves you, Sis... *happy tears =D

    I'm sure he'll nail this down in his own way, effortlessly... I'll cheer on him too if I see him then... Having RJM as a FMV journey, should be priceless n EPIC too! Agak2 Abg Zaini will wear your Bunny ears x? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are crazier! Bape byk event dah masuk tahun ni? Ni nak BIM lak, next week RJM. Huih... :-D

      Apa dia nk pakai, up to him. Taknak pakai apa pun I x kisah! Muahaha

      Delete
    2. Owhhh Sis.... Saya xnak kira dah berapa event bulan Sept - Disember nih... Rasa nak insaf pun ada dah nih... Harap2 bole survive and avoid any major injuries.... Recovery kena rest kaw2 nih...

      That BIM-RJM back2back tuh collateral damage, tahu2 je dah terlambat dah... RJM tuh ibarat LSD jela nanti... @_@

      Delete
    3. Good training for ultra :-D

      Delete
  15. Tempting nya nak daftar yang Melaka Skyhawk Nature Run tuh... Coz xpenah lagik lari HM di Melaka Bandaraya Bersejarah... Bila lagik kan? hehee Tunggula gaji esok nih... Arap2 terbukala hati... =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bakpe tunggu gaji. CC platinum kan ado... Hohoho

      Delete
    2. Aiyakkk, CC platinum dah guna untuk Rock2Rock Run dah, tuh lebih kritikal, Melaka Skyhawk Run can wait another day maa... =P

      Delete
    3. Skyhawk Nature Run limited slot. #racunmode

      Delete
  16. Hope to see you in b2b :) Rest well and LISTEN to your body!

    (Heeee if I may add salt to your wound, I achieved PB also for NB, cutting off (only) 10 mins from my last HM ;p *mode riak tak sedar diri sedangkan still a slowpoke*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you're very serious in this, good good!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts