New Shoes, New Fun

I finally bought a trail shoes. My first pair.

All these while, I wore my Brooks Glycerin 9 shoes when I hit the dirt road/trail/hike.

Like when I hiked up Gunung Nuang with hubby.
Or when I ran at the Salomon X-Trail Run last year.
Hohoho

Granted, I haven't been doing much trail run but hopefully it's changing for 2014. It's something that Zaini prefers and I am certainly open at the idea of doing trails (walk.run/hike) with him once a week. Why not, right? 

Everybody around me seems to favour Salomon brand but I decided to try out Inov-8.

Athlete Circle was having a sale for their past season model certainly helped for me to make the decision to get a pair. (It was 30% off with extra 10% off for ACDC members). Sweeeeeeettt...
I do like them Brits anyway... heh heh
So I got a pair of Inov-8 Roclite 268. Ngam ngam pulak got my size when I dropped by to the store. Bye-Bye RM300+. huhuhu

It's touted to be suitable as an introductory shoe to minimalist trail shoe. 
I've used it for two outings, both at Taman Rimba Alam in Putrajaya. First outing was a two-hour walk/jog and the second was a three hour one.

Even with a mixture of tarmac and dirt trail, the shoes feel awesome! The grip is perfect. Melekat, I tell you. And I did test it going up and down trails and even on wet grassy inclines just for the heck of it. Love the grip the shoes! Less worrying about falling on my butt while walking down a slippery trail now. :P

With a bendable sole, the shoe feel flexible too. 

I didn't need to tape and put Vaseline to my feet and no hot-spots on either foot while wearing it. No blister. No painful toe. 

But yeah, maybe I should try a spot of hard trail running soon to fully test the shoes?

Love the colour too! (Yeah, it's not pink, Ru but still they do look rather fine don't you agree? ^^)

Oh yeah, Son got a new pair for himself too.

A Brooks. GTS model. For a mere RM99. Bargain!
Mom & Son foot. ^^

Almost the same size already!

Comments

  1. fuyoh ada kasut baru!! eih, i like the color also, dark blue and gray and turquoise (or electric blue??), nice matching lah.. and surely they look great on that pair of beautiful legs!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "that pair of beautiful legs"
      Awwww I mati perasan dy... LOL

      Delete
    2. Thambee only tells the truth dei~~ LOL :D

      Delete
    3. Thambee has CB mouth. Cantik Betul your words ;-)

      Delete
  2. it's really important to have a good pair of shoes, one that gives you comfort grip and also most importantly safety that you won't fell flat on your (already flat) butt, hahaha!! that's RM300+ and it better be good huh, can buy 3 pairs of SK's shoes already..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, agree.

      As usual, SK is very wise. :-)

      P.s. How many pairs of shoes SK can buy with my Asics Gel Kayano 19 shoes. It set me back RM699 ;O)

      Delete
  3. Phewitt...new shoes. Rm300 not bad leh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that expensive la considering the brand. Good brand leh.

      Most important the sole is bendable. I saw your feet last time I also takut. Must have been painful

      Delete
    2. Good brand but not glamorous brand to some people ;-)

      After discount, OK la, Cannot scimp on paying for good items, right?

      Delete
  4. wow, new pairs of shoes! Nice colors too! I still haven't got a new pair as my old ones are still good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you.

      I need to change shoes quite often bcos by the time each shoes chalk around 300-400km mileage, they all haha already. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Not haha... I mean haus. Darn auto-correct

      Delete
  5. Nice shoes, nice bargain and nice feet too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I even notice you have a new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one old photo la. It's to show I wore the shoes to a hike up Gunung Nuang... In Sep ;-)

      Delete
  7. No blister and no painful toe is what I want too. Can consider to have one pair of comfty Brooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it depends on your feet also.

      To me, sone Brooks model is nice. Some I cannot wear.

      The blue Inov-8 shoes so far OK for me :-)

      Delete
  8. Oooh. Nice colour. I like blue.

    Happy new year to you and family Lina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose.

      Happy new year to you & family too. :-)

      Delete
  9. Wahhh nice nyer kaler trail shoes nih... Ada lagik tak yg best offer nih? Nak cekau satu lah untuk event trail bulan Feb 2014 nih... Just in case my Sekchers GBT dah cukup tarikh luput mileage nye... Hehee... Since dah jd ACDC member nih kena make the most out of it lah then... =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost the same feet size? Good la, can share share ma! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share dun wan la. But he can wear my old shoes that's still in good condition;-)

      Delete
  11. Japan mountains, here we come! So ... we start with the Kumano Kodō Pilgrimage in Wakayama? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we going through the Omine Okugake route? It won't be fun otherwise. heh heh

      Delete
  12. ish ish ish, kasut baru! jeles!
    i've always been curious about inov-8 but yet to try them. RM300 seems ok la, with discount!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I grow up, I wanna be like Auntie Piffles! hehehe

      Yala, RM300 (after discount) I can stomach la. Kalau RM500+... bankrupt I! :P

      Delete
  13. Nice, I like the blue color one!!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts