Another Date At Gunung Nuang

Son had a whole day UPSR camp on Sunday and both Zaini and I decided that it's a great time for us to tackle Gunung Nuang again. 

After sending Son to school for the pickup bus to bring him to the camp venue with the rest of the students who registered, we had our breakfast first, bought two Subway sandwiches for our lunch and proceeded to get to Pangsun in Hulu Langat for the start of our hike/walk.

We planned to hike longer this time, compared to our first time to Gunung Nuang, which I blogged here. This time, since Son's camp lasted till 6.00pm, we had like 8 hours for ourselves and we planned to spend it at Gunung Nuang! Dating. ;-)
 At the entrance. We started our hike at 9.15am.

The day was sunny and dry, thank goodness. I would've had second thoughts if its not. 

We made it to the first river crossing in 1hour 09min. The first time we hiked up here, Blackie & Tweety (you gotta read my first post on our trip to Gunung Nuang) stopped us from proceeding further so we were a few metres short of reaching the river but this time, no hurdles! Yeay!
At the third river crossing. I was being careful not to get my shoes (my lovely, lovely Inov-8 shoes which performed marvelously today) and Zaini was like "why are you doing trails if you don't plan to get your shoes wet?" and I was like "because I don't plan to get it wet now!"

The stream water is cold, you know! hehehe
Me, my Timex, my Inov-8 and my batang stick. Zaini found it, used it and then pass his batang, I mean stick to me because he said I'd need it more. I've never hike with a pole or stick before and I found that having one helped tremendously. 
We arrived at Kem Pacat after a 2 hour 54min hike (took us about 1 hour 44min from the first river crossing up to this area).

Lepak-lepak a bit there, saw Blackie peeping at us from the campsite but Blackie decided to ignore us. I guess Blackie knew we don't have much food to offer compared to the campers at the campsite. Hahaha
Then it was time for the descent.

We hiked down for about an hour before reaching the waterfall area (Kem Lolo) and stopped to have our lunch there.

For this hike, we packed a whole lot of stuff. 4 bottles of Gatorade, 3 power gels, a bottle of coffee, a bottle of plain water, two cans of Malta drink, sandwiches, snickers and another packet of chocolates. I had a set of clothes packed too and we even brought two raincoats, just in case. 

Didn't finish all the drinks, only had one power gel which we shared, didn't eat the chocolates too, but hey... better be over-prepared than under-prepared.
Lunch by the waterfall, while soaking our feet in the cold water. It would be more awesome if I can eat Nasi Lemak there. :P

My mom always cooked sambal jering to eat with rice whenever we went for a picnic. ^^
Had a nice cold Malta, which we dipped in the stream to make it cold. 

We rested for about 40min before continuing our hike down, which we did in around 1 hour 30min. 

Reaching the entrance, I told Zaini that I was still uner mileage and he told me to run down and I did! So off I went downhill and uphill again, just because I wanted a 20K mileage. kakaka
My reward. ^^

It was a really nice experience. Met a lot of friendly faces along the hike and a guy even recognised hubby from Watergate 16hour. 

Next time, if we have a day all to ourselves again, we might just plan to hike up to Pengasih. 

Got home around 4pm, freshened up, eat tau foo fa (because I was hungry) and then off we went to Bangsar to pick Son up.

Son had fun at the camp; he said so.

Mommy and Daddy had fun too.

What a great Sunday, eh? :-)

Comments

  1. I have always wanted to go to Gunung Nuang, but no kawan wanted to go... one day I should go alone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alamak! No partner to go alone ke? I saw a few hikers doing it alone but for me I feel safer if got buddy.

      When do you plan to go, by the way?

      Delete
    2. Michi Michi Michi...Jom kita pergi BUT please don't invite that lesbo ok. Your students are all most welcome with open arms and legs.

      Delete
  2. Wah! I must try to make an effort to hike to Gunung Nuang and soak inside the cold waters! Have picnic there pun shiok and not to forget the nasi lemak that you didn't bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wanna bring nasi lemak but scared later basi ;-)

      Delete
  3. You drank so much water!!! Ada tandas on the way kah or at Kem Pacat? Sorry to ask such lame questions.Wakakaka

    You must round up Lazy Meow and Kaldip to hike up Pengasih (I also dunno where's that?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HeLLo Lina,

    You know I love hiking in the jungle right? Especially when there's a river. I can feel that my feet are cold now. Huhu!

    So far, my son can't hike yet. He's still small. But one day, I'll bring him along.

    Have a nice day eyah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be pretty soon for you & son to hike together. Time does fly. ;)

      Delete
  5. UPSR Camp?? got such thing nowadays?? hahaha, so brilliantly business-minded lah people nowadays.. so Raimie is preparing for his UPSR one whole year in advance?? aiyoyo, no fun lah~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dei, UPSR is in Sep la. Better give tips n prepare students now instead of last minute :-P

      Delete
  6. but good also, that give chance for you to ditch the son and go "honeymoon" lah.. he was doing what he likes to do and you couple did what you love to do..

    ReplyDelete
  7. this one seems like a nice place for hiking.. but ala, why were you wearing that pair of shoes?? should have been wearing something like hiking sandals lah..

    i went to the one in Kuala Kubu Bharu and need to cross river also (that time was knee high), it was fun!! but luckily i didn't kena pacat.. errr, pacat means leech right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Boy, we wore trails shoes wor. Not normal road shoes

      Delete
  8. fuyoh, you were surely very well equipped and supplied!! next time don't tabao subway lah, go tabao nasi lemak and picnic there.. would be nice lah.. i remember i didn't even bring anything when i went hiking at KKB, oopsss!!

    when i saw your can of drinks, i first thought you are going to condemn somebody who have thrown the empty can into the river.. rupa-rupanya you were putting it in the stream to chill it.. eih, pandai lah Lina ni~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scared it tapao nasi lemak, it won't be good after a 5 hours hike. Basi how to eat so that's why we chose Sunway sandwiches instead.

      I scared also I get hungry la. If hungry sure no mood to continue. How? That's why prepare food & hydration like that.

      In case get lost also, at least still got backup food. Right?

      Itu air can ah? That one, last time folks w/o fridge do that to keep things cool mah. ;)

      Delete
  9. aiyoh!! that ice-cream!!! i want that, so long never eaten that before lah.. double cones somemore with the colorful ice-cream, though i can never taste what flavor the ice-cream is, haha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha

      Yalah, got mixture of everything and we also can't differentiate the taste already. But nice la to eat it. Nostalgic/ ^^

      Delete
  10. U guys were lucky to hike Nuang until Kem Pacat on a clear sky weather n dry trail... Sometimes it will be raining, especially after 1pm or so... It's very dangerous to descent on a wet slippery trail...

    Shiok woo Nuang... Must revisit it again to conquer the faux peak (Kem Pengasih) before the real peak further up... #mountaddicted already.. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luck n a bit of planning too. We wouldn't attempt it if there are signs of raining forecasted that day. We have a son waiting at home for us to remember before we do anything dangerous. ;-)

      So what are you waiting for? Can go and accompany/train with Razinah before TNFThai what...

      Delete
  11. I like to hike up mountain and trek jungles. Looks like you had a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered you went to Lake Kenyir and Taman Negara.

      But the trek photos and posts were only a few, right? hehehe

      Delete
  12. Nasi lemak would be cool! But I think sandwich better lah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. But nasi lemak would taste better! :P

      Delete
  13. Looks like a fun day!
    It's been so long since I last hike!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wahhhhh.... the loving couple spent 6 hours hiking!? :D Psssst....plan something big for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something big?

      Hmmmm... give me some ideas, please! :)

      Delete
  15. secret training ye... :D :D :D
    not sure whether i'm missing the tropical forest, but i guess i do, to a certain extent - minus the leeches!

    nasi lemak picnic by the stream/waterfall after a hike is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trail without leeches must be heaven! :)

      Delete
  16. This looks like serious fun! Wish I could've been there! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always have fun in Japan. No? :P

      Delete
  17. Miss those hiking day, it's so fun!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But...there's always one thing I scared is leech!!! =[

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts