2ndskin is proud to announce the 2NDSKIN Virtual Run Challenge 2016 that will take place between 0000hrs on Friday, 01/01/2016 and 2359hrs on Sunday 03/01/2016.
The main aim of this program is to encourage an active lifestyle and to get more of the community off the couch and out the door. This is not a race, but a challenge to yourself with the added motivation to get yourself going and building that fitness base at the start of the new year. An excuse to wear our awesome Vaporlite runing shirts is added motivation as well!
SO HOW DOES THE VIRTUAL RUN CHALLENGE (VRC) 2016 WORK?
2ndskin will launch the Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Running Shirt for both Men and Women on the 30th of October 2015. Just head on over to www.2ndskin.asia and purchase the Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Shirt and you are automatically registered for the Challenge. Your Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Shirt and a goodie pack will be posted to you by the last week of December 2015 or to be collected at a venue to be determined, in time for the Virtual Run Challenge that starts on 1st January 2016.
|Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Running Shirt for Men|
|Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Running Shirt for Women|
Once you have completed your run, take a photo and post to INSTAGRAM with your personal description of your run, tag @2ndskinasia and hashtag #2ndskinchallenge. Please post your photo within 48 hours of completing your run. The dateline for photo submission will be 2359hours on 5th January 2016. Remember to follow us on INSTAGRAM at @2ndskinasia or we will not be able to view your photo if your INSTAGRAM account is set to private. Your photo must include the following 3 elements:
- The Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Shirt
- The Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Run Bib
- Your distance of 10km or timing of 1:00 hour completed
WHAT ARE THE PARTICIPANT ENTITLEMENTS (OR EXPECT TO GET)?
1. Limited Edition 2ndskin Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Vaporlite Running Shirt (Specific male and female design and fit)
2. Runners surprise goodie pack
3. Limited Edition Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Medal (for those who complete the challenge and update their results)
4. Special prizes for outstanding achievements during the challenge (more updates will be shared in the lead up to the challenge)
5. A great fitness start to the new year! (This is a bonus!)
WE KNOW YOU ARE EXCITED AND HAVE QUESTIONS....
1. I don’t have a GPS Watch, running app, or even a smartphone. How do I track my distance completed to prove I did the challenge?
This is the reason why the challenge is either a completion of 10km or 1:00hour of running. We trust you would have at least a watch that has a stopwatch function or a classic phone with a timer function. If all else fails, take a before and after photo of the time on your watch and yourself sweating buckets and we trust you enough that we will send the achievement medal to you.
2. What if the weather is so bad that I can’t head outdoors for a run? You know, tornadoes, hail, fireballs from the sky and god forbid, the Haze!
Ahhh, that got us stunned for a while, but we’d suggest you get access to a gym for the dreadmill. If that’s not an option, and you can’t even get out of the house, we say just run up and down the staircase, from your bed to the kitchen (you need to refuel too!) and round and round the living room. Keep at it for an hour and voila, you’re done!
3. I’m a serious runner. Like really serious. What if I want to run more than once over the 3 day challenge?
You are more than welcome to run multiple times and post multiple updates of your run completion over the 3 days of the Virtual Run Challenge 2016. Just remember all the 3 elements in the photo so that we can track your achievement. You never know, you might just be in the running to win a special prize if you manage to accumulate the highest total mileage over 3 days. Ooops. Did we just let the cat out of the bag?
4. Uh, wait. You mentioned run multiple times. Does that mean that every run has to be a minimum of 10km or 1 hour? I know I said I’m serious, but you know, not thaaaaat serious!
We totally get you there! We’re serious runners too, but well yeah, 10km everyday may be a tad too much for us too. So what we are looking at is the minimum of 10km or 1 hour at least ONCE over the 3 days challenge, and any other distance or timing you would like to run and post on INSTAGRAM and hashtag #2ndskinchallenge. We will total up your 3 days mileage for your challenge total.
5. I’m not into social media and don’t use INSTAGRAM. How do I prove I completed the challenge?
Well, we do suggest that you signup for INSTAGRAM and go through the motions of taking the photo and hashtagging #2ndskinchallenge; but then again, we’re not into the business of forcing people to do something that they don’t want to. Yeap, we’re flexible like that!
What you can do alternatively, is to email your photo to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will still get your medal in the postbox. Do note that we will reserve the right to post your photo on our Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Photo Album on Facebook.
6. My INSTAGRAM username is not my real name. How do you know who I am (and who to post the medal to) if I just post the completion photo and hashtag #2ndskinchallenge?
This is the reason why we mentioned there has to be 3 elements present in your photo. The Virtual Run Challenge Shirt is to prove that you are registered for the challenge. The Virtual Run Bib is for us to track our records as to who you are (yes, no secret identity anymore!) and the completion distance/timing to earn your medal.
7. I love the Virtual Run Challenge 2016 Shirt so so so much! Can I wear it to my next race?
Always remember one thing. 2ndskin shirts don’t like to stay in your cupboard. They love the sun, the rain and getting jealous stares from other running shirts. So go ahead, put it on and run your heart out!
8. I heard you mentioned challenge prizes? What are the challenges and how can I win them? I really really wanna win something!!
Oh Yea!! We have many exciting prizes to be given away, courtesy of our collaboration partners, Garmin Malaysia, Skechers Malaysia, Hammer Nutrition, Kraftfit Compression, Lifeline ID and of course 2ndskin’s awesome shirts! We will announce the nature of the challenges along the way, but rest assured that runners from all levels of fitness will have an opportunity to win something! How to increase your chances, you ask?
Remember to follow our partners on their Instagram as below and tag/hashtag them in your photos too!
9. I can’t think of any more questions to ask for now, but you know I might have something pop up in my mind after my 2nd cup of coffee. Who can I contact to get some answers then?
We have a dedicated email contact setup which is email@example.com and we will endeavour to reply all your queries within 24 hours.