A Good Saturday

Started the Saturday quite early with a nice nasi lemak breakfast but not before cooking rice to make onigiri for ourselves and friends who were running in a 100K race today.
It was a special request by a friend and I happily obliged. Happy to note that the people I made them for devoured my onigiri. ^^

I made the rice balls using the rice I received at the Race Pack collection of the Tango Ultramarathon in which I ran 60K in.

The rice balls were individually cling-wrapped so that my friends could tapau them and eat while on the move. And they did, after eating one. They packed one in their hydration bag to eat later. 
Hubby and I enjoyed one each too, while waiting for them at KM34 , midway through a long hot stretch of the 100K route with food and drinks and ICE!
Our mobile support station that we set up to cater to our friends.

We had cincau drinks, chrysanthemum drinks, coke, water - both for drinking and washing up, Yupi, onigiri and ice.

We even had ice cold water spray which Hubby DIYed using empty mineral bottles.
In between taking photos of all the runners that passed byKM34, I read The Star and look! Another article I wrote was published by The Star. Yeay! Here's the link for that article.

Oh by the way, remember last week's article about "Running in Japan" that was published in The Star. Here's the link for that article. 

We'll be travelling to Kuala Kangsar in a few hours' time, by train. I have a race in Kuala Kangsar tomorrow and am looking forward to it! :-)

Comments

  1. The onigiri looked big than usual one. Wow. Congrats again on your article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah... not as big as the ones sold at konbini in Japan. Hihihi

      Delete
  2. wah, see this Mak Glam is so almighty!!

    she can cook, she can blog, she can write, she can run, she can pose and she can get everyone in the office to bodek her to get office supplies!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning into a journalist soon LOL. Congratulations!

    wanna ask for it must of course eat so that your effort wont go to waste. Your friend must have been waiting for it for long time liao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't eat, I can eat them anyway. LOL

      Delete
  4. Wah appeared in the paper! Nice! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy the article I wrote was published. :)

      Delete
  5. Wowww home cooked onigiri... Looks delicious and filling too... Reminds me of the one that I had in Yokohama last Feb... Congrats on your recent article, Kak Lina... Menarik2...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your featured article Lina :) well done!
    I tried making onigiri for Isabella's lunch pack a couple of time..what a failure, mind sharing your recipe tak? I will remind myself when i head back to KL to make a trip and bring back those onigiri and other things from Daiso. She loves her 'triangle' rice LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I takde resipi pun...

      Paling senang, I mix the rice with furikake for taste.
      Filling wise, sambal sardin pun OK je. Hahaha

      But for bento, I was advised that it's better to season them saltier than normal served dishes. So better a bit salty as it will make the onigiri lasts longer and taste better when eaten.

      Delete
  7. I am very proud to see your running article. You and family have come a long way.
    I ate the Family Mart's Onigiri so often in Tokyo and I could understand how easy & convenient you had them too!! So we could actually use our local rice to wrap them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use rice I received as gift from Kyoto, Anay...

      And usually, I made them with Sumo rice. Japanese calrose rice that is quite affordable compared to imported koshihikari rice from Japan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts