A Grand Sunday In Kuala Kangsar

After spending almost half-day supporting friends running a 100K race (as per my previous post), we head home and got ourselves ready for our trip.

I had a run in Kuala Kangsar on Sunday morning; in the Larian Hari Keputeraan Sultan Nazrin Shah and instead of spending a night there; we opted to board the Express Peninsula and took a sleeping berth seat and traveled to Kuala Kangsar by train.

We took the midnight train from KL Sentral and arrived at Kuala Kangsar station at 6.00am, a bit late than the published time but still ample for me to get ready and change into my running outfit and meet a friend who helped picked up my bib the day before.
Before the flag-off for 10K category. As usual, I started way at the back.

Most of my friends were running in the 15K category which was flagged-off at 6.45am.

Flag-off for 10K was at 7.00am sharp with the presence of DYMM Sultan Perak Darul Ridzuan Sultan Nazrin Muizzudin Shah and DYMM Raja Permaisuri Perak Darul Ridzuan Tuanku Zara Salim.

The crowd in front of me was bigger than I expected so progress was slow, weaving through the crowd. We caught up with the 15K runners by KM2 and by KM3, as we entered the kampung section of the route, it got more congested. 

But the route was nice.The air was fresh. The scenery interesting as we passed kampung houses so I decided to enjoy my run. When I couldn't run or saw no point of running and bumping into other runners, I walked.

At around KM4, a couple pushing a stroller ran past me. It was Doc Julin & her husband! 

At this point too, I passed several friends who were happily taking in the view and running slow, making plenty of selfie and wefie stops.

I think it was at KM5 when the first food station appeared. Yes, you read right. Food station.

There were water stations, of course but along the route, there were several food stations serving steamed buns, curry puffs, banana fritters and a coconut drink station too! One whole coconut for each runners. Heavenly!
Then, immediately after finishing my run, I got my finisher medal and goodies bag and also an ice-cream!

Then it was time to head for refreshments.  Milo was abundant. Mineral water too.
Plus a buffet for everyone!
I absolutely love the tacos served there.
Met friends after the run, which was nice.

And after having my fill of free breakfast, we waited for my friends to finish their run before quickly heading back to Kuala Kangsar station.
We had a train to catch. Instead of the faster ETS train, we opted to board the Express Rakyat which is much cheaper but slower and arrived to Kuala Lumpur at 3.00pm.

What a grand way to spend a Sunday, right? ^^

Comments

  1. Good to catch up with friends after run ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream ice cream...LOL....Prize better than the medal. Medal melambak but ice cream after a run....uh la la...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dun say like that. All those medals are hard earned. Ice cream is just icing on the cake.

      Delete
  3. First time see refreshment like these after a run...ahem ahem...not that I have entered any run la but mostly runner will snap photo of medal and finish line. Nothing much about food.

    Sure fun after run can have a bite and chit chat with fellow runners .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People has different ways of sharing their experiences.

      Running bloggers are the same and not all of them show off just the medals and finisher t-shirts.

      I rarely show off medals as I like to focus on what I like. Hihihi

      Delete
  4. nice taking a night train, wake up fresh and head for the run.. catch up with friends, had buffet (with i-scream) and then catch a train back to KL.. packed and yet not tiring, I suppose.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Anyway, can sleep in the train without guilt if having to stay awake to accompany hubby's driving. Hihihi

      Delete
  5. A half day trip to another negeri just for running. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A generous spread of buffet... !! Great you spent your Sunday "Healthily!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha

      Dunno if the calories in after the run ended up more than the calories out during the run. :P

      Delete
  7. Wow, they feed you guys well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the race organisation is quite good too. :)

      Delete
  8. Well done and congrats ! Wah .. So much food !! Coming to standchart this Sunday ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I have two 10K races in Shah Alam and Subang this Sat and Sunday. :)

      Delete
  9. a must running event in your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A run at another State, now thats the best way to spend your Sunday. Love that spirit in you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love running in Kuala Kangsar for the 2nd time around, the fee is super cheap, totally worth it, the ambiance was great, kudos to the Organizer... Will definitely mark my calendar next year 12 November 2016 for LHKSNS 😁👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lina, you must've earned yourself lots of medals at the rate you're running. Simply awesome, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not visited Kuala Kangsar for over a decade since the last time I followed a groom to fetch his bride.. This running event suddenly brought the sleepy town to life! You always have friends everywhere you go and semua mau jumpa famous Lina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL

      One day I must go and run in Kampar.

      You wanna join too, Anay? ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts