Dinner At Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol

I needed to go out and buy some stationeries to support a friend's (Rudy) effort at I Do Care where they are collecting stationeries (colour pencils, pencils, erasers, etc for refugees. He is also involved with Read Now Street Library and they accept new/used books, magazines, stationeries from members of public and also cash contributions.

Rudy, while not working full time and selflessly spending his time helping the needy is also an accomplished ultra runner and ha just completed HK100 Ultra in Hong Kong and TNF100 in Thailand. Congrats Rudy on your recent race!
Anyhoo, here we were in Mines Shopping Center and we dropped by the newly opened Mr. D.I.Y. located on Level 4.

Afterwards, we enjoyed our lunch at Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendol.
We opted not to order from the promotional meal of RM18.90 because we wanted cendol and ordered a-la carte.
Hubby had Penang Curry.
Son had Nasi Lemak Ayam Kunyit (didn't look to appetising to me). Son remarked that the sambal tasted a bit funny.
While I had the Assam Laksa.

With lunch settled and stationeries all bought, we jalan-jalan a bit around the mall and I did some shopping at Uniqlo.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed.

      He is always on hand for a number of charity programs.

      Delete
  2. Good for Rudy and you for helping the needy! This cendol is one of my favourite cendol that is available in shopping malls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.

      But tepi jln ones are better, right? 😝😝😝

      Delete
    2. Seldom eat tepi jln ones nowadays because don't know where to park.

      Delete
  3. I also kenal Rudy. Neways, I have been to Penang Road Famous Teochew here in KK but have yet try any of the dishes except the cendol (which was disappointing at that time). The nasi lemak here looks sad in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMHO, it's not awesome great, but it's better than what Pappa Rich serves. Ooops.

      Delete
  4. There's an outlet at 1-U and I ought to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teochew cendol? Did not know got such dessert. I only know one cendol. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always wonder what’s the difference between Teochew chendol & the normal ones.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really warms my heart to know that Rudy helps so many people including the refugees! You are great too.
    I used to walk to Penang Road after school to catch the public bus home after stopping to eat laksa & chendol sometimes. I never imagined that they could become so big and franchise!! Kudos Penang lang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anay & Letchumi both have big hearts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts