Thanks to the invitation from Nottingheels, a Malaysian shoe brand and also an orthopaedic shoe maker; I went to Melaka for the brand's official launch of their veri first Melaka branch at Dataran Pahlawan on Saturday afternoon, March 24, 2018.
For someone who needs to 'jaga her kaki' not only during her runs but also during everyday life, going to Nottingheels Melaka Branch launch and learning more about the shoe brand was intriguing to me.
Also, I was very excited to take a bus to travel to Melaka. Long time haven't boarded an express bus already! Hahaha
Interesting to note that, after I posted a photo about one of the shoes in their line on my FB page, I received comments wanting to know more about the shoes and even a few PMs and whatsapp messages! Anyhoo...
I learnt that the founder of Nottingheels, Amy Chiew; who is a qualified aesthetician started her orthopaedic shoes (healthy and comfort shoes) business by opening her first outlet at Bangsar Shopping Centre in 2016, with the second one opened in Subang Jaya in 2017 and the third outlet opened at Mines Sun Power Outlet early this year.
Apart from the orthopaedic shoes line, Amy Chiew also has set-up and co-founded several beauty business, with its Keep Slim Beauty & Bodycare outlets and with up to eleven outlets locally and expanding its arms via a licence in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2012.
Nottingheels is founded in collaboration with a reputable clinical podiatrist, aimed at marketing footwear that focuses on comfort as well as being fashionable.
It was awesome to learn that their shoes are tested by their in-house podiatrist and were excellent enough to be presented at the New York Fashion week in September 2017 as well as winning the Prof. Jimmy Choo Next Designer Award in the same year.
(Serious this is an orthopaedic shoes brand? This one looks so damn fine! And high!)
The official launch of the Melaka branch was attended by VIP guests:
- Datin Maylene Yong - CEO and founder of Style Icon
- Mr Jason Hee Jee Pi - President, Founder and Organizing Chairman of Miss & Mrs Malaysia Kebaya, Miss & Mrs Chipao Malaysia and Miss & Mrs Saree Malaysia
- Ms Amy Chiew - Founder and Director of Nottingheels
- Dr Balachandran Gopal (Bsc Podiatry NZ) - Podiatrist of Nottingheels
- Ms Angel Liew - Director of Nottingheels Malacca
Also present at the event were the finalists of the Miss and Mrs Chipao Malaysia 2018 (organized by Miss Kebaya Malaysia) and Miss Grand Melaka 2018, and guests from Miss & Mrs India Worldwide Malaysia.
(Wah, I don't think I ever been to such close quarters with soooo many beauty queens before!)
Dr Balachandran, the in-house podiatrist presented a short speech and health tips on feet and leg care and how Nottingheels shoes help improve the overall health of the feet and whole body.
Master at work. Demo on shoes making.
Nottingheels is the official heel sponsors for these well known beauty pageants and has always been happy to support events with beauty, fashion and arts as their central theme.
I learn about the features that are considered as podiatrist-tested orthopaedic shoes which are:
- Firm Heel Counter stiffener to firmly grip the ankle
- Natural Material such as water-based leather and fabric inner lining
- Customized orthopaedic insole with correct arch support
- Antibacterial and antifungal insole and inner lining
- Wider girthor interior volume for better fit and less constriction
- Strong rubber outsole that is antifriction, flexible and shock-absorption.
I also learn about the benefits of ortthopaedics shoes, which are:
- Base support that cushion the heels
- Diminishes foot pain and muscle sore
- Encourage better blood flow of a diabetic person
- Realign the feet and preserve arches
- Regulate and boost instinctive gait
- Provide better mobility for those with chronic foot pains such as flat feet, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, tendonitis, bunions and hammertoes.
And of course, Nottingheels have shoes line up that cater for different types of feet:
- Bunion support shoes
- Arch-support shoes
- Comfort insole shoes
- Midsole wrap soft cushion shoes.
Nottingheels has registered the patent for the bunion shoes which is a unique design developed by Nottingheels R&D team.
For more information about Nottingheels and its products, please visit their website at http://nottingheels.com or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Nottingheels.
And oh, they do have sandals too. :)