New Stuff

A new pair of shoes for me! WOOT! I needed a new pair of shoes. Something for road races to be exact. Actually, I need at least a couple of new shoes. I'm feeling that I've worn out my Glycerin 9. The inside of my Glycerin 9 shows marked worn signs on the second toe area.

I actually hated the idea of looking for running shoes at the stores since I know squat on how to select them. After reading Jamie's review on the PureFlow shoes, I was open to the idea of getting one. 
So far, I've only done a 10K run in it. It felt kinda weird at first, and the pressure on the top of my feet was a tad uncomfortable but after going 3K in it, I appreciate the snug feeling of the shoes and it was a pleasure running in it.

It has the similar feeling of my Nike LunarGlide+2 but without the discomfort. The LunarGlide always gives me blisters if I used it for a run more than 5K. I also can't wear that shoe with any old sock, even if it's just for walking. Blister(s) will form! Didn't happen, yet; with Pure Flow. No issue with lack of cushioning or whatever for the time being. Comparing the two shoes, LunarGlide+2 isn't good for a run on wet pavements, but PureFlow has firm grip. (I ran in the drizzle on Saturday morning).

Apart from the issue of the Navband, the only other issue I have with this shoes is the colour. Actually, there are three colour options for this model but of course, I buy what is available and wearing a Size 9 shoes, options may be limited. This pair that I bought is just too... white.

Other than that, more pros than cons so far.

To tell you the truth, I was tempted to buy a Newton shoes at the 2XU shop at the Gardens Mall, just for the colour.
That Newton is quite eye-catching, right? The problem is I don't think I quite ready yet for a transition to a Newton shoes. But I do like the feel of it when I tried them at the shop. Helpful staff and a 30% discount didn't hurt to further piqued my interest in them too. ^^

I may not bought that Newton shoes yet, but I did snag a sports bra at 2XU. The shop has Brooks range now and it's on sale at 20% off!

Now, I'm waiting for Joshua over at Brooks Malaysia to come back to me with more shoes. I already tried Launch, Cascadia and Men's Green Silence when I met him on Friday but they are not the correct size. Another Glycerin to replace my current one? Or Ghost 4? Or can I just use this for a training shoe and get another racer shoes? Joshua, if you are reading this - I need cute colours!

Comments

  1. wah, another new pair of shoes *again*!! so jeles lah~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where got again. The last pair I got was in December lah! 4 months already! xD

      Delete
  2. hate the trouble to hunt for a good pair of running shoes again and again?? then buy 5 pairs at once when you found the right one, hahaha~~ sure enough to last you for two years at least..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make shoes company happy, don't you think? Running enthusiasts socking up on shoes. ^^

      Delete
  3. eih, what is this brand Newton?? new one ah, for running?? aiyoh, from The Gardens one ah, sure expensive lah..

    ReplyDelete
  4. but i like that!! so colorful but then the design looks so cool, and the shocking pink and yellow match so well together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is cool!

      But the shoe design may take a bit of adjustment for me to wear it. ;p

      Delete
  5. hey, you should buy that Newton shoes lah, so much better (looking) than the white one above, err apa nama i also don't bother to remember, hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm going to look for a natural, barefoot/minimalist shoes, I will. ^^

      That and when I'm more loaded.

      Do you know how much a Newton cost? @.@

      Delete
  6. with the Newton shoes, you sure focus of the run lah.. and even if you jatuh longkang as you hypothetically commented in my blog, also very vogue and won't look too ugly lah!! hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masuk longkang, can only see the the legs and shoes. LOL

      Delete
  7. Dear jungle woman, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking ahout, but ... I vote for pink! :D

    Hiking boots are usually boring brown leather, so that's that.

    Oh. Wait. This is Japan. I'm 100% sure you can buy pink Hello Kitty "hiking boots" in Shibuya. High heels not optional. :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is always good. ^^

      Pink Hello Kitty, high heeled boots - I always say this : Japanese women sure are tough. They can work those heels anywhere!

      Delete
  8. I m wearing Brooks shoes too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah! So rich! Buying new shoes again and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where got! Last time I buy shoes was before our Japan trip. So long already! xD

      Delete
  10. I am still using my Adidas and New Balance after 3 years! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cos Adidas use in gym not much wear and tear lah. New Balance use for jogging in the parks more wear and tear but I don't run marathons so can still wear LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't run marathons also what!

      But I've put in about 700km in that Glycerin, I think.

      Delete
  12. Hey one of my comments missing?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 2nd comment is missing! OK it reads like this : I'm still wearing my Adidas and New Balance shoes after 3 years! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not missing.

      Blogger just thought that you were spamming me. LOL

      Delete
  14. Talking about eyecatching shoe! I got my eyes on a hot pink asics and what the other one, I can't remember but when I went through the review and it's not suitable for my foot type, I move on *sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem kan? We like one shoe and then we research it and realize, it just not meant to be for us to get it. hu~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts