An Efficient Run

At Energy Efficiency Run, this morning; organised by the Suruhanjaya Tenaga (Energy Commission) in Putrajaya. There were two distances, 7K & 5K. 7K for Open category and 5K for Veteran (45 years and above). The staff and families of Suruhanjaya Tenaga ran in the Closed categories, 7K for Open, 5K for Veteran (40 years and above) and 5K for Junior (18 years and below).

I only got to know of this low-profile race through an FB friend, Azmi. No registration fee for the race (yup, you read right. FREE RACE) but it was a bit inconvenient to go to FTAA's office to register. Azmi told me he could help me register but another friend, Nita; informed me that Men Open category was already full, so he couldn't. She wanted to register and she helped me with mine. THANK YOU NITA!

The plan for the run for me was, just run the whole way. No target. No plan. I haven't been running the past two weeks and only did a 7.5K run on Tuesday. A slow 7.5K. So, I'd be happy if I can finish in less than 55minutes. Anyway, no shame in being slow. No shame in running slow and finish, whatever the distance. Right? Right... hehehe

Arriving to race venue, it's like the who's who of the running circle came in droves. Like, really! Even Yuan Yu Fang came and run! Shaharuddin, Malaysia's top marathoner was there. Sheela came. Nur Amelia Musa too. Moey... Whoah!!!
Sharing light moments with friends before the start of the race. It was a nice surprise to bump into Fuad. He's one of the friendliest and humblest runner I know. :)
The starting line for 7K at 7.30am and 5K at 7.45am. We were flagged-off punctually on the dot, without much pomp and ceremony. We were like, talking talking and then, BANG! Gun off! Lari! Run! I pushed Nita ahead and shouted, "go for podium" to her. heh heh

My start was slow. Didn't realize the runners ahead of me would actually force us at the back to run slowly, because of the small size of the race; but that's what happened. Although I had no plan to push hard, I didn't want to go too slow either so as I was unable to overtake on the road, I ran on the pavement. There were a few of us opting to run on the pavement for similar reason.

The route was flat, 99% of the way so this was rather an easy route to run in. There were two water stations for the 7K runners, which to me was quite generous. I stopped at both. Not because I needed any drink badly but because there weren't many runners at the water stations, so I stopped to keep the volunteers  "company". Stopped to take a sip and to thank them. Thank you  again ya, guys! :-)

Zaini waited in front of PoJ to take photos. When I saw him for afar, I was running almost side by side with a guy. Don't want photo overlap so I slowed down for Zaini to take my photos. After all, he came and lepak there to take my photos lah, not to be other people's photographer, kan? Muahaha...
The front pack runners. Top male and female. By the way, the lady in the photo; she's one of the mentor of Malaysia Women Marathon. ^^

Happy runners, pushing hard to finish :
We needed to run up an incline (a bump to most, but after 6K it looked like a hill to me!) the last 100m or so. Dang! 

It was a bit under-distance. My watch read 6.41K but I think it's probably less than that. I raked up a bit more mileage as I kept darting to the other side to cheer of faster friends when we looped each other. 

Run on right side, saw friend already did u-turn, dart to the left side, clapped & cheered them, dart to the right, saw another friend, dart to the left again. Repeat until cannot see anyone I know anymore. LOL

Finished well below my target finish time; which wasn't much of a target anyway and was completely happy about it. Hey! I'm up and about and running!

Then, oligatory after-run photos :
 
 
For a free run, the organiser was really generous. After finishing the run, we were handed a bottle of mineral water.

The limited medal was awesome. Heavy wor.

The goodie bag came with some Suruhanjaya Tenaga brochures, 100-Plus, banana, sandwiches, a pack of chicken nuggets and there was even a Brooks voucher! Cool! 

The Commission put up an update two days ago informing runners that they can exchange 2 old bulbs with 1 CLF bulb at the run. Double cool.

Then, whoever clicked "LIKE" the Suruhanjaya Tenaga FB page, gets a blue holder bag. Zaini even helped the Women Veteran champ to access FB and LIKE the page. teeheeehee

We hung around until the last runner arrived.
Awesome job, ladies! Keep it up and hope we'll see you again in future races.

While standing behind the medal counter after the finish line arch, we saw many runners who told us that this was their first run and they got their first medal. The proud face and sense of achievement was evident. I admire them. I know it's not easy to start this. And they did. Some people will just give excuses not to be active. I know a friend who didn't for fear of being ridiculed.

For me, fast runners or slow runners. You all earn my respect. Let's keep running, yeah? I will. ^^

For us who are already running - stop looking down at newbies and slower runners. We all have to start somewhere. ^^

Comments

  1. Woohoo got my running pic here. Why didnt K Lina tak letak gmbr sendiri yg tgh berlari hehehe. Btw I love this run. Byk benda yg freaking FREE! Best sgt. Ramai gak kawan2 datang. Tak sangka gak geng power pun ramai dtg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letak gambar kawan kawan lagi best. Gmbr I, puas dah tengok sendiri. Lagipun, bukan muka boleh cari makan ;-) ekeke

      Yup, best event hari ni. To make it better, volunteers sana sumer best & friendly.*thumbs up*
      :-)

      Delete
    2. Lina so humble always....bagus la. We want to see your running pics alone!

      Delete
    3. No la... Later I syiok sendiri pulak. HAHAHA

      Delete
  2. good write up of the whole event. Very friendly race and generous sponsor/organizer. Met running friends and work friends. Thank you Lina and Zaini for the photos..... Thank you Suruhanjaya Tenaga for the well organized and friendly event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. :-)

      best you can combine leisure n work.

      jumpa next race?:-)

      Delete
  3. Wohaaa! Running is good but I have too many excuses not to run. Too bad the male category was full right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad for those who can't register, yes. But, it's also good that a category gets filled up fast? Means the demand is there. :-)

      Delete
  4. The last runner looks big in size right? But I really admire her spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size doesn't matter.

      What matters is her will and gumption.

      Delete
  5. No need to feel shame for running slow. You all have my respect. ECL is one of those who gives excuses not to be active. hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're active what!

      All those community events that you attended made you active. :-)

      Delete
  6. You lost weight in that white jersey! I am sure! Time for me to shed off 10 kilos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took photos sideway to look slimmer la dei!

      Delete
    2. yes, look at my photos later and you will know why i have only one pose - stand still sideway with hands in the pockets!! muahahaha.. looks slimmer like that dei~~

      anay should also pose like that, especially when you are wearing thick Michelin winter clothes on Mt Emei leater~

      Delete
    3. SK,
      Oooo that's your secret kah?

      OK OK. I take note. Anay, please take note for your Mount Emei photos. :P

      Delete
  7. Mak Lari got so many kawan and could snap many happy happy shots together. I realized I could never have groups like this. No one knows me la! Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know no one and no one knows me also last time.

      Delete
  8. Putrajaya is my most favourite location for runs. Do you rate the same too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's where I train.

      As for favourite... It's somewhere in Putrajaya but not the usual road races route. :)

      Delete
  9. Ohh. Very generous run! Especially when compared to the ones I participated :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to enter some here when you come back for a visit then :P

      Delete
  10. I'm extremely energy-efficient on a sofa with a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In between eneergy sapping hiking, yeah? ;)

      Delete
  11. Well done Sis on your comeback run... Still have some running power deep inside you... Thanks to Zaini for snapping my suffering picture... How I hate short distance running event, coz I need to push my pace n limit a lil bit higher too... How I love this event. frills free, superbly well organized, high quality running tee by Brooks, generous amount inside the goodie bag, the heaviest limited medal of the year and yet it`s totally FOC... Amazing!

    Hope to see you again in the coming running event... Ada Sis Lina & Abg Zaini barula lebih meriah event... =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alamak... It's neither comeback or anything else la.

      I'm just scaling down and run in Putrajaya now remember?

      Yes, this is a nice event. Good job to ST for organising it. :-)

      Delete
  12. I run slow juga, tunggu saya......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From all the goodies you got from this run, banana is the one like the most.

      Delete
  13. This looked like another great event. I know how the first-time runner felt. I had that sangat-bangga feeling after my first fun run in 2009. So bangga sebab tak stop lari sejauh 5km walaupun rasa macam nak habis nafas dah masa tu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya betul tu! When we first started, dpt habiskan race & lari the whole way without walk breaks adalah sangat membanggakan.

      Tu yg I sentap reading those making fun of slow pokes. Unless slow poke itu poyo... Klu poyo, takpe kita kutuk. Muahaha!!!

      Delete
  14. I know you. People run fast or run slow you wont go scolding people in FB one. Yea each have their personal time. Everyone have to start somewhere. Maybe today slow and one of these days will become the top runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betul betul betul.

      Also, not everyone born gifted to run fast and long. So, encourage la sikit!

      Delete
  15. oh yeah, i am sure Mak Glam was very happy with this race, free and came back with a nice goodie bag!! hmmm,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me freebies and I'll declare any race as good! Bwahaha

      Delete
  16. and so true.. everyone on the track are RUNNERS!! who cares you are fast, slow, tall, short, slim, fat, handsome, ugly etc?? all who get on their running shoes and took they steps to run are heros, you think running such a long distance is easy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always understand, SK.

      Yes, true.

      But I guess some are so gifted and born talented that they don't see how people can actually struggle just doing this.

      And always disheartening to see these people can be arrogant enough on social media to see fit to put down on slower runners than them. :(

      Delete
  17. yes, why look down at others.. even the fastest runner has been a newbie before, and years later even the fastest runner may slip down.. it's all about cycle, you may laugh at me today, but remember you will also be laughed by others one day..

    ReplyDelete
  18. just wanted to drop a comment and say ure blog is very inspiring for beginners like me and fun to read at. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts