To The Market

Can't wait for the weekend! Weekend is the only time I cook for my family. Raimie is lucky enough to have a home-cooked meal every day as his Uncle stays at home and cook for the three of them (uncle, father-in-law and Raimie).

Zaini and I usually take the easy way - eat out on weekdays. Not a healthy diet, I know.

So, weekend is market time and cooking time for us! Actually, we seldom go to morning market or Pasar Tani, preferring to go to a nearby hypermart or just dropping by to Jusco instead.

A visit to Pasar Tani was an event, and a rather fun one too last week. For those who have no idea on what Pasar Tani is, check our my other ramblings about Pasar Tani.

We splurged on seafood - bought some huge squids and a fish head apart from vegetables. The freshwater fishes were so fresh, they were still flipping around on the table!

Instead of heading to Kampung Attap for my fish head curry fix, we had one home-cooked. But it was rather watery for Zaini's liking. I'm not good with cooking curry anyway. Will do better next time.

Comments

  1. Oh, nothing beats home cooked meal. Here in Singapore I have yet to go to a wet market or pasar malam. I really miss that. I also miss the pasar tani in Sabah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flipping fishes in markets xD

    I don't cook but I accompany my mother to the wet market. She never goes to the supermarket or pasar tani to buy her stuff. Picky, but she has had over 20 years of cooking experience so I accept what she decides for the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angie,
    the Pasars in Sabah (and Sarawak) will be much more feast to the eye than the tamer ones over here, IMHO. :)

    @Jim,
    such a good boy. :D

    Yeah, mom knows bestlah kan but my mon doesn't go to the market, my dad does that for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hubby is a sucker for home cooked meals. Normally I do my cooking for the week on Saturday and Sunday. Since I learned how to cook 13 years ago, I’ve also learned how to polish my cooking techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of home-cooked food, I had a fabulous nsai kerabu last week. Ordered from someone's wife who cooks them at home. I am craving for another bite again...soon.

    I eat at home everyday...except maybe once a week out. But mostly it's at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Life Ramblings,
    I used to cook everyday for dinner when I just got married and was stating with my FIL. But then, Zaini said it is too much of a hassle for me, so we ended up eating out when I work. :P

    @Mei Teng,
    I love Nasi Kerabu. FIL has a neighbour who makes delicious Nasi Kerabu & Nasi Dagang. I so want ine now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great moment you have there

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the supermarket because it is cleaner and has no smell. Sometimes, the prices are cheaper. :)

    It's fun to be at the wet market though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Blogger Rise,
    Great moment at the market? If you say so. :)

    @ECL,
    Unfortunately, I can't say the same about some supermarkets here. Tesco wet market area smell as bad as the neighborhood wet market even with the aircon on. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seafood! freshly caught tastes the best too. I'm ok with supermarkets but I prefer buying fresh seafoods in wet markets. There's just a big distinct taste of seafoods between those 2 places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts