Keeping Track

I really do need to keep track of all my races that I signed up for now. I just happily signed-up (provided that the distance matches my training plan somehow, plus minus a few KMs) that I really need to double-check my races list before I sign-up for more races. I actually forgot what I've already signed up, and almost made double registration! @.@

Middle age mind is not as alert now. Everything must be listed and checked often. LOL

I've even forgotten about race kit collection dates for some of the races if not for the FB updates by runners friends who had collected theirs. Adoi.
I posted this photo in previous post. It's a relay run and me, hubby & son will run in it this Sunday. A perfect Mother's Day gift for me.  ^^
Let's go green while running. ^^

Next week, I'll join the Milo Breakfast Run. Last minute entry because well, I got nothing better to do and the race is nearby our home. It'll be held in UPM Serdang.
It's just 7km. A distance that I've not been doing (for races lah) since Dec 2011 at Larian Kitar Semula 2011. Well, the hubby has been reminding me how slow I've become and I need to improve my speed running at these shorter distances that I kinda neglected for a while now.

I need speed to improve my 2:31 half marathon timing at SCKLM 2012. 

On the last Sunday of May, I will have another short race. No medal. OK lah. Just run and have fun with like-minded "belias".
Only "belia" can enter this Standard Chartered Fun Run (SCFR) and by "belia" it means those under 40. I'm not that OLD, ya'know. ^^ 

Anyway, I also joined last year's SCFR and had super hot fun. It was free last year. This year, we gotta pay RM15. But I guess you can view the RM15 fee to pay for the New Balance tee. Last year, only the first 1,000 entries got the tees.

Note to self : must collect SCFR race kit from 23-25 May at Athlete's Circle.

I paid RM20 for Milo Run and RM15 for SCFR. They gotta be amongst the cheapest fees for races in Malaysia. Well, they are sponsored run.

Another cheap, come-with-a-big-sponsor run is the McDonald's Olympic Day Run on 23 June 2013.
It's family run for us! RM15 for indivuals and RM50 for teams/family which is CHEAP! Looking forward to run alongside hubby and son for this. (psst... see the receipt? We were the first family team to register. Talk about being super excited!) A family team should consist of two adults (parents/guardians) and up to 3 children. If you got two/three kids, it's super worth it to enter this race. An adult team of 4pax is quite cheap too and I've been spamming colleagues inbox encouraging them to join it. At RM12.50per pax (RM50 per team), why not join, have fun outdoors, get a t-shirt and grab some goodie bags?

Anyway, two weeks before the McD Olympic Day Run, I have another race lined-up. On 9 June 2013, there's a 16KM Mizuno Wave Run in Putrajaya.
Individual run for the mommy.

The big one for me will be on 30 June 2013 and that's the Standard Chartered KL Marathon. I'm not doing the marathon this year and will only do the half marathon. I need to finish early to support Son who will be doing his 2.5km kids dash. 

Three races in May. 3 in June too, so far. 
None in July yet. Only one week in July that's not in Ramadhan. Am toying with the idea of joining Ipoh International Run. It's on 7 July 2013, if anyone is interested.
August - probably doing the New Balance Half Marathon. End of August will be my team building week so no can do any races that week. 
September - registered for River Jungle Marathon (RJM). Probably doing the Men's Health & Shape Night run the week after RJM. Maybe just do a 5KM fun run with son and hubby?
October - there's Putrajaya Night Marathon. No marathon for me. I'll just go for half marathon, just like last year. Night marathon is hard. I'm not keen to suffer needlessly. heh heh Those who say they like night running must be vampires or owls or actually never run at night (or run in Putrajaya) before. :P
Still undecided what race to enter for November & December.

And oh yeah! Happy Mother's Day to all Moms! Have fun this weekend, Moms!

For this Mommy, Mommy whatsapp and Line Daddy this:

Comments

  1. Wow! That's a lots of run you had registered! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo! Thx for dropping by.

      I was depressed after BIM got postponed so I went on road races signing-up spree! LOL

      Delete
  2. Pisang! :D

    Milo! :D

    Pink shoes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dip pisang in Milo and eat them! Sedap! :P

      Wearing pink shoes optional when eating banana and drinking Milo. Hahaha

      Delete
    2. The only pink in my cupboard is a pink T-shirt. Will that do? ;)

      Delete
    3. I hope you have some Hello Kitty stashed in there too! Woman, you are in Japan. How is it that you are not into all things kawaii??? Pink obsession included. xD

      Delete
    4. I went hunting for pink stuff, and I discovered that my "Basic Kanji Book Volume 1" is sort of pink. Or maybe peachy.

      Does peachy count?

      I have Hello Kitty phone charms but I can't find it.

      Delete
  3. No no no. We don't *forget* when we become middle-aged. We simply learn to *prioritize*. See? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selective memory eh? ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes. Deliberately selective!

      PS: Please post many photos of my favourite young man in the Pisang Rally. ^^

      Delete
    3. My dear. Are we in politics mood? Relay not rally. Can't do rally here. Might be deemed as illegal by the police or local authorities. Hahaha

      Delete
    4. Oh. Oops. Can I call it an ekiden to avoid further embarrassments?

      (Heh. I bet I'd type ekiBen instead.)

      Pisang Rally = banana republic politics! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow! So many runs this year! MAK LARI is your new nickname! Muahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyoh, all the ones I enter now are short distances and most are fun run only. ;)

      Delete
  5. i totally understand your situation.. too many races and you started to lost track.. unlike your very first few races you are all alert and even dreaming about them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha True. Thambee sure understands me.

      Last time, I enter a race with a specific goal. Now, hantam saja. But a goal is there. For races up to mid-June it is actually to have more speedwork for Standard Chartered KL Marathon. Thank goodness I'll only do a half marathon where training doesn't involve scary mileage anymore. ^^

      Delete
  6. eih, you've got smart phone now mah.. can download apps for that purpose no?? just record them down into that apps once you registered, and get the apps to prompt you the dates for race kit collection and the actual runs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got technology then use technology lah.. why strain your brain right?? you have got more things to remember, for example: my birthday~~ :D

      Delete
    2. When is your birthday again? LOL

      Delete
  7. Letchumi hardly ran so much like you and she also forgot to register, forgot to collect freebies and once even forgot to bring her shoes for the run. That sound like old lady so hubby has to be secretary to remind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just dump all the running gears into one dedicated bag, everytime just take that bag, sure you won't miss anything lah..

      Delete
    2. Cannot. I have so many shoes to choose, I don't always run races in the same shoes. Same baju, maybe. hehehe

      Delete
    3. MAK LARI knows best. My wife has cycling shoes, climbing shoes and running shoes. Adoi pompuan biasa banyak kasuts!

      Delete
    4. Anay,
      Must wear proper shoes for each activity. I bet Anay also have lots of shoes. ;)

      Delete
  8. aiyoh, so many runs planned ahead, Thambee see also soft-legged already lah.. no more one month one race already, but instead hantam semua now?? even your hubby is getting you to all those short race now.. going professional already soon huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family run doesn't count. That's why I can enter so many races. And Zaini doesn't mind if the venue is nearby to our home. Nowadays, a lot of races held in Putrajaya. Lucky me. ^^

      Delete
  9. hahaha.. whatsapp and line hubby for mother's day present?? no wonder so busy no time to come in to HHBC chat.. can lah, sudah dapat itu RM1500 mah!! wakakakaka~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yalah, now busy Line with hubby. Send stickers to each other. LOL

      Delete
  10. Wahhh so many road races lined up for you and the two boys, Sis... Looks like we'll be bump into each other once in a while then... (^_^)v

    As for me, me n my accomplice will be doing a back-to-back events next week... A bit risky but hopefully we'll make it in time to meet n greet Femes Bunny during Milo Run...

    So, how about doing HM for the new 2nd PBIM in November, Sis? New venue should be more fun n exciting, yes? Plus can go for makan2 galore too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no HM at PBIM.

      Tengoklah apa lagi nak masuk for November. ^^

      Next week apa back-to-back events for you?

      Delete
    2. Sunrise Towerthon and Milo Breakfast Run... Towerthon will start at 5am n hopefully will finish n back to UPM just in time at least b4 7.30am. This is Rashid's wacky idea btw... Cant imagine doing 7k with the jelly legs.... @--@

      Delete
  11. 7km run, lina I need 60 minutes or 50 minutes. That's my weekend treadmill run speed on weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must easy run for you on weekend. :)

      Delete
  12. I am getting really busy these few weeks due to new company set up. Lots of things in office. I almost forget about my mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pink Brooks running shoes eh! I have only one running shoes at the moment. Thinking of getting another one for a change too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those who run regularly, better to have at least two pairs of running shoes. To rotate and make them last longer. Shoes, like people need time to recover too. ^^

      That pink shoes is a new model under Brooks Glycerin 11 model. :)

      Delete
    2. the shoes looks pretty in pink..

      Delete
    3. It's pretty and it's a well cushioned shoes, I've heard. I have 2 pairs of Glycerin 9 and it was the shoes I used to run my marathon in April. :)

      Delete
  14. Lina, happy weekend and happy Mother's day to you too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Set in your smart phone le...
    I also every time forget on meetings..
    So once a meeting is confirm I set in my phone.....
    Happy mother day to u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I used to remember and train for each race I entered. This is just me lamenting about the fact I entered too many races already! LOL

      Delete
  16. I've signed up with so little races this year that I'm forgetting that I've even signed up for any ... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I feel you.

      I kept having to check my schedule in Feb because I didn't have any races signed up that month. LOL

      So this year, it's quality over quantity yeah? :)

      Delete
  17. Just key in reminders in your phons... I do that for everything so if I lost my phone, mati lor!!!! Everything gone, cannot remember a thing!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rarely look at my phone also. How? LOL

      Delete
  18. I always keep important stuff in my phone as a reminder

    ReplyDelete
  19. wah lau eh...me book crazy till buy duplicate books, you pulak run crazy till nearly registered twice.....LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta use planner la to keep up with all the dates and collection dates of the race kits

      Delete
    2. That's soooo boring to do! LOL

      Anyway, I do keep record of my races.

      Actually, I do keep record of ALL my runs, past and future. So no worries. ;)

      Delete
  20. i feel so tired just looking at your list of races/events! however, since it's a fun run with the family, i'm sure it's going to be good fun and excitement! can't wait to read all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since all my runs (family and the individuals ones) will be at such a pedestrian pace, I guess you will get tired if you wait for me to finish! LOL

      Or yawn. heh heh

      Yeah, fun fun run till SCKLM beckons. Hmmmm....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts