Photos, Today's Run And An Upcoming Race

A very belated narcissistic post... as I just made an effort to look for my own finishing photos taken by the official photographers of Penang Bridge International Marathon which I entered in November.
Nothing outstanding. No close-up. Heck, when I was reaching the finish line, didn't notice any photographers taking photos other than Zaini! I couldn't smile to any random person there, could I?

Anyway, love this shot taken by Magic Moments Picture :
This photo was taken just after flag-off for half-marathon categories, and those were Women categories only. What a crowd, eh? Happy to say I was one of them! 

You can see the odd man (men) there because quite a number of them chose to run with their partner/significant half. Awwww...
Can you locate me? I was one of the stragglers in that category. heh heh I actually waited like a full minute after Women flag-off to walk (yes, walk) to the start line, just to avoid the crowd.

Anyway, training is in full steam right now to prepare myself for my very first full marathon distance which I intend to do in 2013. *choo choo*
And with that, here's today LSD record for prosterity. Miahaha!!!Two sessions of a 12K run & a 3K uphill walk instead of the supposed 16K run but wanted to do 20K run I aimed earlier. Reason : started the run at 9.00am and getting slowly roasted under the hot sun in Putrajaya in the process. Finished at 11.00am.

What do I get from running so late?
Visible tan line!

I think I'm in some sort of race withdrawal.... hence this post about a race that happened in November. I'm just glad that I'll have a 25K run at Newton Challenge next week to look forward and suffer to!

Those yet to know the race course (like me) may want to head to Jamie's blog or Yim's too and hyperventilate after reading them! Hahaha
p.s. Don't forget to collect your race kit from 27th - 29th. One thing I love about Newton is that race kit collection will be easy for me (for once!) It's literally right at my office's doorstep. Yeay!

Comments

  1. I am taking the first sip today since SK has taken Fing Fing to the zoo to meet his cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mak Rempit loves to run and suffer! What a funny lady you are. I am sure your Grrrrr bedroom kits contain some whips and ropes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain can make you feel so alive! ahem. xD

      Delete
  3. It is nice to have deep tan like mocha. Otherwise you should wear a veil and long sleeves to run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always wore red with matching caps! Is that the Mak Rempit's corporate colour?? You so ganas should wear leopard skin outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... you know got people wear leopard prints for races one? Sure one fierce grrr grrr woman! LOL

      Wait lah. One day, maybe I wear leopard print bikini to run, maybe in Australia? That'll be a sight to behold. Sure got many people pengsan afterwards. Bwahaha

      Delete
    2. Maybe I should make an omiyage request of the prints from a certain someone who will go galloping with zebras in a couple of month's time? ;p

      Delete
    3. I'm sure that certain someone will be able to steal a few prints somewhere. :D

      Delete
    4. Such trust in rhe jungle woman ability. Hahaha

      Delete
  5. Wowww u started yur running at 9?? Grilled chicken foldover..hihihii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow roast turkey season! Hahaha

      Delete
    2. Org yg strong spirit like u je boleh buat mcm ni k. Lina.. good job!

      Delete
    3. Ala... salah sendiri. Sapa suruh tido kul 2smlm. Mampus susah nak bangun pagi tadi. huhuhu

      Klu x buat, mau mengeluh kesah satu hari suntuk. Alang2 dah keluar, belasah ajela lari. xD

      Delete
  6. Keep on running! Looks like you're born to run... Nothing beats doing something that one loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all born to run and walk. It's just a matter of wanting and liking it. ;p

      Delete
  7. What? No V-sign and wide grin?!

    What (again)? A visible tan? Shock, horror, faint! (If you're a Japanese woman). Cool, healthy, attagirl! (If you're a jungle woman.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any bazooka lenses aimed at me, that's why!!!!! *wail* hahaha

      I am an anomaly here, with certain people with my tan lines. They're like - got slap on some whitening lotion already! o.O

      Delete
    2. I struggle to explain the difference between suntan and sunburn to my female students. To them, it's the same horror.

      Tell them, "South Africans like to have sun-bleached hair and a light brown skin. We think it's healthy and sexy." Then watch their total, absolute bewilderment ...

      Delete
    3. Ru,
      You know, there are a number of strong runners (Japanese expats) here and one of them (top 10 in women category no less) covers up so well during her run, she puts this Muslim woman to shame!

      Er Sensei... Sunburn and suntan is not the shame? Naze? xD

      Delete
  8. It's great that you love running. It keeps you fit and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See u at Newton PA.
    Don't forget to Kamerawhoring afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Hensem la gambar Boss. Gaya mutu keunggulan gitu. hehe

      Delete
  10. Awesome 15k LSD + hill training U got there Sis... I was toasted under the sun as well... Finished around 10.15am... It was microwave heat already... Saw many cyclistas around with less runners in sight...

    Mujola i'm already darken by the scorching sun, so need super blazing sunlight to burn my rentung complexion... LOL! See ya at Newton then Sis... Let's survive the shadeless route together2... T,,T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyclists mmg ramai kat Putrajaya. It has a good road for cycling. :-)

      See you at Newton.

      Delete
  11. Running the Newton challenge twice in the same year is simply asking for trouble, for me anyway la ... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think runners have short term memory loss or see just sucker for pain! LOL

      Delete
  12. alamak...the sun so bright ah till have tan line like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go out at 8.30am mah... finished running already almost 11am. So darn hot already. ;p

      Delete
  13. uiks...how come no photographer snapping photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts