My Blood Donation Adventure

te and a few of my friends and colleagues went to the Blood Donation Drive at Boulevard Hotel after lunch today. The donors there were mostly staff from the hotel with a few odd outsiders like us.

Some of the gang. All ladies. The guys went earlier in the morning. Had to fill up forms first, then check our weight. Cool! I lost 2 kg from the last time I checked.

Me, doing the blood test. A couple of friends were not able to donate due to low level of iron

Me, checking my blood pressure. Again, one can't donate due to high pressure. Then off to the next table to fill up the donation card and I'm all set!

Trying to look scared. LOL (and no, I'm not scared of needles)
Time for blood to flow!

Comments

  1. You look so happy donating blood...haha...that's the way to go. Needles...argh...small matter right :) Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for a blood donation about 4 years ago, haha it was only then I knew what my blood type was. I hope they told you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Xpernah lg derma darah. Kena amik darah byk kali la hehehe
    Kat Jepun skrg ni kekurang darah org muda. BYk sgt darah org tua hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jason,
    yeah, needles are small matter. LOL

    @Jim,
    know already what's my blood type. :) But it was fun to learn how they know to differentiate the different blood types. The doctors and nurses there were nice enough to answer all our kay-poh questions. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Farah,
    kalo yg organize dekat-dekat bolehlah... Kat Jepun kalau buat transfusion, maknanya dapat darah orang tua lah ye. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe... I'm scared of blood but have to face it monthly.

    I'm anaemic, cannot donate blood... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ECL,
    hahaha, we ladies have to face blood every month. Scared or not, it's a fact of life. :)
    I cannot donate blood previously due to all the medications I was on, so I was pretty happy when I can finally donate. That meant I'm healthy! Yeay me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts