After The Run

We were supposed to go to IKEA on Saturday, after picking up my 1 Vision Run race kit at Padang Merbuk but got somehow sidetracked. Instead of heading there early in the morning, we went to get ourselves a new washing machine. Our 13 year old washing machine finally acted up on us so it was time to change to a new machine. This, barely a month after needing to change our car's tyres. Cash flowing out like water. Uwaaaa!!!

So instead, the trip to IKEA was made on Sunday, after my 1 Vision Run.

I freshened up after my run at 1 Vision Run at Lake Garden's toilet, changed my shirt and then, off we went to IKEA! I hope I didn't stink-up the place too much!
Breakfast at IKEA cafe - 99 sen sub-standard fried koay teow (why is it so popular, ah?), chicken wings and muffin & chicken soup and cinnamon roll for Mommy. We actually wanted to eat their meatballs, but I was already hungry at 10.00am. Was so not gonna wait long for my meal and so not gonna wait till noon! I got lotsa things to do at home too.

Bought two bookshelves from IKEA and then we made a trip to the Nike store at the Curve.
I mentioned that my Nike Sportband conked out early this year. Finally went and checked whether the Sportband can be repaired as it is still under warranty. We went to the store at Alamanda; where I bought it and was told they will replace a new one to me but the Alamanda Store didn't have any stock at the time. As we were nearby Curve on Sunday, I took the chance to go to the Nike store there and minutes later, I came out with a spanking new Nike Sportband. Wooohooo! Let's just hope this one lasted more than 5 months!

A 10km race, breakfast at Ikea, two bookshelves and a new (free to boot) Nike Sportband. What a great Sunday I had! Hope yours was great too. ^^

Comments

  1. wow..definitely a good way to exercise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walking around a mall is also exercise, you mean? ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey dear, sorry have not been able to visit your blog of late, am here to read your latest entry,,,,, good run 10 km at 01.06... keep it up ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I am guilty of not commenting at yours either. ^^!

      Thanks. Hope you are running regularly too. :)

      Delete
  3. After a 10km run, I think I'll be dead fish by then.... just me and my bed..

    You still have the energy to go to Ikea, that shows how fit you are~ *envious*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyah! Walk around in air-conditioned mall isn't that hard what. ;p

      I bet you can do it too. After all, you are running around with two kids. That is tiring! @.@

      Delete
  4. Mommy sure worked up an appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very efficient day I have to say. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. And after that, return home to face a mountain load of clothes to iron! ;)

      I took a break from cooking that Sunday though. ;p

      Delete
  6. wah!! feasting straight away after the run huh?? how enjoyable and satisfying right?? 99-sen substandard chicken wings also gasak lah~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not straight away lah... Run finished at 8.40/ I ate brunch at 10.30am. Went jalan2 first. For the two boys, I tapaued some PBJ sandwich for them to eat while waiting for me. xD

      And BTW, forgot ah? I do not eat chicken wings. The other two ate them. ;p

      Delete
  7. ooopsss, not chicken wings, but fried koay teow!! they have such things in IKEA?? so locally infused already?? hmmm, there's only the meatball and chicken wings and daime cake in my mind only~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowdays got a lot of local food there. See what's the day special lor...

      But I truly go to IKEA cafeteria for their meatballs. Too early to eat those that day. Hu~

      Delete
  8. the only things on that table that's attractive to me are the fried chicken wings, that's why my mistake above, hahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your eyes went zooming to the chicken wings? Raimie devoured them with gusto, so I supposed they were nice. RM9 for 5 pcs if I'm not mistaken.

      Delete
  9. so what a fruitful sunday you had huh?? bag a medal, two bookshelves, the brand new nike wristband.. and of course not to forget the sub-standard fried koay teow!! hahaha~~ fuyoh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nicer if I was more observant and got my RM50 after my run. ;p

      Delete
  10. me tak larat for 10km run :O anyways good day to you lina :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Ikea!
    Their stuff just like me - cheap and practical. Haha!
    There are 4 Ikea big stores in London.
    One in each direction, North South East West.
    But still not enough lah, must have one in central too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stuff sure are practical. My house is 80% furnished with IKEA stuff.

      Delete
  12. Lucky you! My sports band is lying in the drawer totally dead and Nike were so bloody unsupportive which is why I ditched the darn thing and went for a Garmin. Works much better. Mine was hardly a year old at that. I'm no big fan of Nike these days!

    Okay, enough ranting ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I got lucky with the place I bought it. I bought it at Alamanda - good service there and I was informed that I can exchange the sportband at a few stores under their management. Not all Nike stores do it, I suppose.

      But then, you have Garmin already. Why need cheapo Nike Sportband right? I can't afford a Garmin yet!

      Delete
  13. Your washing machine lasted 13 years? Not bad! What brand? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharp. Summore 4.5kg one only. Last time newlywed, where got need to think about laundry much. xD

      Delete
  14. Long time I didn't eat at IKEA oredy. Each time pass just buy their curry puffs to ta pau only LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me also. Either curry puff or hot dog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts