Back To Running On The NPE, At IJM Allianz NPE Highway Challenge

So for three years in a row, I ran on the New Pantai Expressway (NPE) which gets fully closed on one Sunday morning. This year, the NPE Highway Challenge was held on July 14, 2019.

There were two distances offered - 21K and 10K and this year, the run saw a crowd of more than 9,000 runners participating in both categories.

I've nothing much to say about my running experience itself, as the route was pretty much the same as previous years' but the novelty of running on a fully closed expressway is certainly still there.

And this is one of those day, when you get to pass by the toll booth and avoided having to pay toll! LOL

Plus, when can you get the opportunity to lie down right smack in the middle of an expressway and not get run-over by a vehicle?

For us, we get to pass by the toll booth twice!

And because the flag-off for 21K was before Subuh prayers and the 10K at 6.30am, you could hear the morning sermon loud and clear in the background.

It was rather nice, really.
On our way back, with about 2K to go to finish.

Tired ady, so can hear me panting in the video. LOL

Plenty of marshalls and police traffic seen along the route.

The water stations adik-adik were friendly and very pro-active.

Distance markers were placed at each kilometre.

But I do somehow feel that this year's edition had less bang than the previous two. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The finish line management was better this year compared to last year, I think.

I crossed the finish line, got my medal, got my food packs then had to wait a bit for mineral water because stock was running low (but no issue here).

The Finisher T-shirt tent for 21K literally had no queue except for the M size. A fella joked and said, "It's the most normal size for runners".

I grabbed some cereal to eat then off I went to snap some photos of other runners, as always.

Some photos taken between 8.10am - 8.45am can be viewed at our Facebook Page Cik Arnab & En Kura-Kura.

Do LIKE and FOLLOW us for more race photos, updates and sometimes, freebies too!

Anyhoo, NPE Highway Challenge is a part of two races in its Duo Highway Challenge series. Besraya Highway Challenge is the second race in the series, and it will be held on August 24, 2019. For a change, Besraya Highway Challenge will be a night run with distances of 26K, 13K and 13K relay run offered.

Comments

  1. I pass by a section of NPE today and saw it was closed. Then only I remember that today is the run. So did you see anyone all sprawled out on the NPE highway road just because they can do it today? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course there are plenty of us who did that! LOL

      Delete
  2. I have to be frank and honest to you that this NPE only reminds me of you for running this stretch of NPE Highway Challenge. Every Friday night I have to collect leftover breads from Leisure Mall and use NPE to deliver the breads to the church member in Kelana Jaya because Federal Highway would jam for sure. That;s how often I think of you. Hihihihi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts