Eco Freemarket On Malaysia Day

I first learned about Freemarket through social activist Syed Azmi's postings a few years ago, promoting it as it was held at PPR housing areas and also for Alam Flora's staff. 

Freemarket invites anyone and everyone to come and join their gathering to let go and take items; all free for taking and free of charge.

Through social media, I got to also know that plenty of my running friends are involved in charitable activities and with Freemarket. Through them, a few others would generously donate items; not only used or pre-loved items but also food, cash, etc to share even if we can't be at the Freemarket ourselves.

Oh ya, don't forget Twilight Man and his wife are also active in doing charities!
Ina Tisha is one of the first few running friends whom I knew, who is actively involved with the Freemarket and other charitable activities.

For me, I've never been to a Freemarket myself as I usually just pass my stuff to friends who would be attending the Freemarket or gave them to my siblings to distribute when I went back to my hometown.

And I actually planned to do the same again for this week's Freemarket and pass some children books and running tees that we never wore to a friend.

But somehow, we made it to an Eco Freemarket nearby our home instead; which was held opposite Amerin Mall at Persiaran Impian Indah.
Zul Hilmi and his daughter. He's the guy who got us to attend the Eco Freemarket on Malaysia Day.  Zul Hilmi even went around friends' houses to collect stuff they wanted to donate for the Freemarket.

Thank you Zul Hilmi for putting my name in. It was really good to meet people, to talk with the organisers, volunteers, contributors and recipients.
Our contribution wasn't much but the organiser assured us that it's okay.

I have a lot of respect to the people who would "turun padang" and get actively involved in charitable causes.

Salute to each and everyone of you out there.

Comments

  1. Nice gesture to get involved, may it be small or big contribution. It is the thought that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a lot of things you brought there in the last photo. All so nicely arranged too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good initiative. People get to exchange stuff, what we no longer have use for, could be something really useful to another person and vice versa. If there is one near me, I would participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed.

      And Freemarket is held in a lot of places nowadays which is great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts