I Don't Need Flowers

nor do I need diamonds or lavish gifts from my husband.

because despite those, I know that he is always there for me. 

He'll be patiently cycling with me, accompanying me when I schedule my weekend long runs - and made feel stronger during my runs, not to mention safe too. 

Keeping me company always. Supporting me with whatever hare-brained scheme I hatched up and never failing to ensure that I don't do anything that would be detrimental to me. He's not afraid to whack my head (figuratively) if I start doing something that's foolish too.

For that, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world! True, sometimes he annoys me to no end as do I him but yes, I do just swell with him by my side.

And with that, my wish for 2012 is that he'll still accompany me and support me as I will for him. <3 <3 <3

By the way Hubby, I know you said that you wouldn't wait for me if I do a 4-hour race next year, but deep down I know you'll be there cheering me on. *^-^*

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Comments

  1. Yay to the man :D So, now you can convince him to let you do a FM? ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nick,
    Baby steps Nick. Baby steps.

    Let me do a reasonable time for a HM first before I even start talking about doing a FM.

    BTW, you registered for the PJ Dawn? I am very tempted to enter but if I do, I may have to look for a hotel nearby to stash the two boys while I go out at such ungodly hour to run. xD

    Anyways, good luck and have lots of fun tackling "Ammah Hill" tomorrow. :)

    Happy new year to you and family. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wind beneath my wings" comes to mind.

    Happy New Year, Lina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @HappySurfer,
    Happy New Year to you too! Planning a grand celebration? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, both the wife and me registered already for PJ Dawn, pretty near my house and office so must go, some more run at 3.30am lagi tu.

    There are a few hotels nearby but I can't remember their names though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nick,
    I am sooo jealous! I am actually mulling over entering my first 21K there.

    Must think of a big "bribe" to entice Zaini to drive me at 2.00am there. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet.. ending post for the year is a dedication to your loved one.. hmmm, hinting him and bribing him for more runs in a month for the new year?? huhuhuhu..

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, i think he just say one thing but did another.. you know lah, man need face that his woman gives mah, hahaha!! and i think this post gave a lot of face already~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you don't need flowers, you don't need diamonds.. but if he brings you both, you definitely want it and like it right?? kakakaka~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @SK,
    Hahaha... how come you are so fast know the hint one? Like I'm dedicating the hint to you lah. LOL

    Yes!!!! Give me both and I love them to bits. ^^ Both can make any "gadis feel special, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet Lina :) That is what just the kind of marriage we all wish for. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jellybelly,
    I have been blessed with 13 years of it so far. ^^

    Happy New Year! May we all have a great 2012 ahead of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just read this post. (Several days late. I'm on Africa time.) It's a beautiful story! I remember I read on your Japan blog that he accompanied you to your early-morning run in the rain. I thought, "That's True Love." :)

    PS: But shouldn't we expect total support AND flowers AND chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Rurousha,
    He's clever. On special days - we'd go check-in to a hotel somewhere and he expects that the hotel provides the flowers and chocolates. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts