A Pre-Holiday Lunch At Tony Roma's

On the eve of Chinese New Year, I was still working but Hubby's company declared a day off and Son is on a school holiday. Lucky buggers. Hahaha

Anyway, while I was working, they went for a bit of exercise at Lake Garden and later went to Mid Valley.

It's been ages since we last went to Tony Roma's (and my last visit was with a bunch of running kakis, more than a year ago; if I'm not mistaken and then to celebrate Son's PT3 results) so we decided to have lunch there.

The outlet at Gardens Mall wasn't really full yet when got there, but service was rather slow. It took a while for our table or the table across us to get our orders taken.

Anyhoo, we decided to order from the lunch set.

Everyone ordered something with ribs!
The soup of the day was pretty decent and had a lot of "isi" inside.
I ordered the bountiful beef ribs.

Maybe because it was such a long time since my last visit here, but Tony Roma's doesn't provide those lovely assortment of sauces anymore?

I tried to ask for them a few times, and all the passing staff did was simply nodded to me and then went on doing something else.

After waiting, and finishing all my fries and coleslaw, I gave up and ate the ribs without the sauce.  Dahh takde eh? Sorry lah, if don't have, please do inform me so I didn't need to wait in vain for it. That's all.
Hubby ordered a beef rib with lamb cevapi.
And Son ordered beef rib with mojo chicken.

Anyway, maybe my next visit to Tony Roma's will be in a year (if not later lah). Hahahah

Comments

  1. My company no declare holiday, but I self declare holiday. While you were makan-ing in Midvalley, I was makan-ing in MyTown and doing last minute shopping in NSK >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was MyTown crowd? Very packed?

      Delete
    2. Not really, NSK was packed, but the makan places in MyTown at lunch hour on CNY eve was quite empty generally... But yesterday was packed. At least the cinema was... hehehe...

      Delete
    3. wah! Even managed to go watch movies!

      Delete
  2. The company I worked for also did not declare holiday on Monday but I took annual leave so that I can have a long weekend plus CNY holidays. The last time I ate at Tony Roma's is back in 2015 and they did provide 4 types of sauces back then - - Carolina Honeys, Original BBQ, Blue Ridge Smokies, Red Hot sauces but we did not use any. I wonder why all the staff did not let you know that the sauces are not available or they just do not understand your question but pretend to understand and nod and just walk away. So not nice of them to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, at least inform us if there is no such thing already.
      I'm very kampung one, I don't visit TR every week.
      The last visit also, I was with one of their BOD and we got 30% discount when we ate there. Otherwise, maybe I don't go also. LOL

      Delete
  3. No good lah, the staff just pretend to nod head and then ignore your request. I have not been to Tony Romas due to bad review from my family. So nobody wants to go with me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have colleagues who refused to have staff lunch there too, due to bad reviews. Huhu

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts