Our Foldie Adventures - PD Waterfront to Tanjung Biru

As part of our 21st wedding anniversary celebration, we decided on a last minute trip to Port Dickson (PD).

We also decided to make the most out of the trip by doing a short ride to Tanjung Biru from our hotel at PD Waterfront.

Our initial plan was to ride our foldies on Sunday but when we arrived PD Waterfront with a couple of hours to spare before check-in and with the weather being nice and not too hot, we decided to cycle before we check-in.

I wasn't wearing the clothes I had prepared for cycling to Tanjung Biru and had dressed very casually but since it was only an 18K journey to Tanjung Biru, it wasn't a big deal wearing my cotton lounge pants.

Along the way, we stopped at roadside stalls, bought ice creams from ice-cream man and took plenty of photos.

Our target destination - Tanjung Biru. 18K from where we started.
We also visited Pantai Cermin located next to it.
On our way back to our hotel, we stopped at Pantai Telok Kemang.
It was around lunchtime but we didn't really want to eat anything heavy. I was already quite refreshed, after eating free MD2 pineapples samples when we stopped at a roadside stall to buy pineapple juice.

The seller kept on urging us to eat more and I actually wished I mount a basket on my foldie so that I can borong stuff during the ride! LOL
Then, we stopped at Pantai Cahaya Negeri to take some photos with the boardwalk there.

Our final stop before getting back to PD Waterfront was at Pantai Bagan Pinang for a nice cold coconut drinks. Some enterprising young lads (about my son's age) were walking around with those bag similar to grabfood/foodpanda riders carry, selling Nasi Ayam. I wished I had bought some to support them but we were not hungry yet. Yup, I really need to get a basket for my foldie for our next foldie adventure!

We arrived ngam-ngam for the check-in time at the hotel! It was a 2:30 hour of cycling with plenty of stops to really enjoy the route.

The weather was nice and wasn't too hot. We saw some cyclists and a group of touring cyclists too. 
The road from PD Waterfront to Tanjung Biru can be rather traffic heavy at certain areas but I felt safe during the ride because the motorists were all considerate and gave us plenty of space even when we were on a two lane road.

It was not a flat route but nothing too hilly either for beginners to be scared of. A nice ride during a vacation.

I already told Hubby that I wanted a basket for my Dahon foldie by the time for our next adventure in two weeks' time. Let's hope whatever we ordered will arrive in time!

As it is, our panniers have yet to arrive. Fingers crossed it'll arrive soon.

Anyway, more photos taken during the ride can be seen here.

Cheers! 

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate your wedding anniversary! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you guys are like the perfect couple. Wish I could cycle like you too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? Melaka is a popular destination among cyclists. Even from Singapore (not now lah)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts