A Night Stay At Hotel Geo For SCKLM 2018

We decided to stay a night in KL city on the SCKLM 2018 instead of traveling back and forth from our home on Saturday and Sunday.

If you read my previous post in this blog, we were at SCKLM 2018's Kids Dash on Saturday and then ran in SCKLM 2018 on Sunday morning.
Enjoyed an ayam penyet lunch before our check-in at 3pm.

We decided not to drive to the hotel direct but parked our car at my FIL's house in Jalan Bangsar and took the LRT to Pasar Seni station.

It's quite convenient as the hotel is mere steps away from Pasar Seni station and less than 1km away from Dataran Merdeka where the start and finish line of SCKLM 2018 was located.

We arrived at around 3.20pm and there was a queue of mainly runners at the front desk for check-in. We were offered a king sized bed room because the twin room we requested for wasn't ready yet. Quite a few of us (those in front of us) were told the same thing and some of us decided to wait. 
After a 50 minutes wait, our room was finally ready.

Quite decent room for a rate of USD27 via Hotels.com, booked at the very last minute.

We paid in USD utilising some USD I have in my Amazon account lah... Not because of anything special.

The room is quite roomy and bright which is what we like. Hubby hates a room without windows and this is quite a good room for us.
Some of the amenities.

No mini bar to keep any drinks cold though.
The bathroom was big too and I love the shower here. Water pressure was good and no issues with hot water.

Syiok mandi. Like 5-star shower feel one.

Can consider this hotel again for SCKLM 2019 especially because staff were friendly and attentive.

The guard on duty at the lobby never fail to help open the door for us with a smile.

The housekeeping staff I bumped in the lift chatted with me.

So yeah, a good experience.
Plus, our room came with this view.

Nice, right?

The room is not totally sound-proof but we have no issues with it. It wasn't that noisy and I slept well until I had to wake up at 4am to get ready for my run which was flagged-off at 5.30am.

There's a 24-hour Texas Chicken outlet right beside the hotel lobby so it was convenient to have dinner, supper or even a super early breakfast!

After my run, we decided not to spend time at the VIP/Media tent and enjoy some breakfast there as we spent a few hours taking photos of fellow runners instead.

So by noon, I was really rather hungry.

But we decided to check-out first and had our lunch at Old Town White Coffee near Bank Rakyat Bangsar LRT.
Curry mee for both boys.
And something non-spicy for me, to soothe my tummy. Pan mee soup.

Quite nice lah.

I didn't achieve a good timing for my half-marathon this time, and I was more than 20 minutes slower than my half marathon time at SCKLM 2016 so we didn't go anywhere special for dinner. No reward lah. Hihihi

But SCKLM 2018 was fun despite my lack of training and I am also grateful with the contribution that friends made through me, to National Cancer Society Malaysia when I ran in SCKLM 2018.

Anyhoo...

For photos of SCKLM Kids Dash and the main day on Sunday, do visit, LIKE and FOLLOW our Facebook page Cik Arnab & En Kura-Kura.

Comments

  1. Not bad the hotel. I actually like staying in hotel hah..hah... sudah lama tak rasa, Yeah, very nice when water pressure is strong for shower. Not like in my house, low pressure >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't expect much but it was a nice stay.

      Delete
  2. ah I only know which hotel this is when you mentioned Texas Chicken. Did not expect it to be this nice from looking at the building exterior. convenient location as it is just next to pasar seni lrt station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very convenient. & i like the room too.

      Delete
  3. You know what?? My wife trained for months with a fellow relative for so many weekends before this marathon. On that Sunday morning that fella overslept and missed the Stan Chart run. Muahahahaha

    We will book this hotel for SCKLM 2019!! Got Texas Ayam some more!

    I suggested to him that next year we should stay in a nearby hotel together so that I could wake him up with a kick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually if i join the FM, I will stay overnight in town as i won't need to wake up midnight to prepare to run at 4am. Lol

      Delete
  4. Would love to have the yummy curry mee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts