Running For A Cause In The Bad Haze

I wasn't supposed to run this Perodua Run For A Cause. It clashed with McD Olympic Day Fun Run which I had already signed up and run with the family.

As luck would have it, haze was bad this week and since McD Run has plenty of school children registered to run it; it was postponed till after Raya.

The haze caused a few friends to feel unwell, and a friend passed her bib to me. Thanks Aina!

After knowing about the McD Run postponement, I had planned to "bandit" this Perodua run. I needed a 15K run this week and following the runners in this run and running along the route would be safer than running alone. I prepared for my own hydration by wearing my hydration bag this time. 

But as I got a bib, I had less guilt running alongside other runners.

I had an ambitious timing and aimed to finish at 1:45. I promised Zaini I'd finish before 2hours. Zaini was annoyed with me yesterday and told me to buck up and run "properly" instead of just mucking about during races.  Otherwise, I have to stop going to races and just run around the carpark. Wuuuuwuuuwuuu
 A hazy day and runners still turn up in droves. We are crazy!

Volunteers at the race handed out face masks to everyone there, by the way.

I started my run at what felt like an easy pace. Saw Has just as we were approaching the Seri Gemilang bridge and tapped her arm. Then saw another familiar runner, Maryati on the bridge and said hi. ^^

The first water station was located at KM2.5 and I stopped to drink. I do not want to risk itchy throat today. So hydrate, hydrate, hydrate I MUST!

The first 10K was rather nice and flattish but I just shuffle shuffle along the way despite my plan to do intervals today. I was like, if I can hit 1:10 at 10K then it's OK. 11K came and it was 1:21. Oh dear. Guess I've been enjoying the water stations too much. Yup, I stopped at every water stations which was placed 2.5km apart and drank two cups at each stops. 
Raimie and Zaini waited at around KM10 to cheer me on and took plenty of photos of me and other runners. ^^
Like Bruce Lee who was running this morning. Hah Hah

I was ever ready to wimp out as I was approaching the dreaded incline after the 4th water station at KM11. But then, I remembered my promise to Zaini and tried to shuffle on. I really do no want him to be more annoyed at me. I have lotsa races lined up! LOL

At KM14.50 there was a final incline (more of a bump actually but try running for 14km, a bump can feel like a hill! mihmihmih) and I planned to stop and just walk that incline only to see the boys had stationed themselves on top of it! How to stop? Sure kena scolded if I stop to walk there. Huhuhu
Raimie was waiting to cheer me on.
Ruffle ruffle hair a bit and I thought he'd follow his Dad to the finish line and wait for Mommy there.
Instead, he ran with me all the way to the finish line. Mommy is super touched. ^^
Then, it was time for photos. Lots of them!
err... some random guy who I just asked to take photo with me. I really need to ask people's name lah in the future.
Millie, me and Nita who managed to bag 5th placing in the run. She missed a podium finish at the Alpha Run as she finished 11th yesterday.
Met Mat Joe (the guy in Malakoff shirt) for the first time today. He had earlier said hi to us. It was funny, Mat Joe. You rode your bike and stopped in front of us and gave salam. We initially thought you wanted to ask for directions! HAHAHA ^^!
 Mille and Aizat.
Then went to the steps of Palace of Justice to look for Bett, who wasn't feeling well today. She decided to skip the run but went to support her husband who was running.

The ladies, with another podium winner. Eena (the lady in black) got 4th place! Beside her was an ultra-marathoner; Ray who was doing his speedwork running this 15K run.

After that, time to scrounge for food. I tell you, Ru is totally right. I run for freebies and goodied bag! There wasn't much of a goodie bag at this run; just a snack pack but the refreshement stalls available for runners after the run were awesome!

There were games for kids too like bull ride, bouncy castles and stuff.

No Milo van but Dutch Lady was giving out chocolate milk instead. Great recovery drink, that. 
Got free popcorn too. FREE! Eat, eat, eat! LOL Kenyang, I tell you.

Yeah, haze was bad and we took a risk going out but then again, it is worse here in my housing area than in Putrajaya. Staying indoors feels like the same as being outdoors. o.O

Stay healthy everyone!

Comments

  1. I like that bruce lee guy.. boleh turun sekilo tu lari pakai mcm tu... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? Sauna effect habis. :P

      Delete
    2. terfikir nak pakai camtu kat TMBT.. hahahaha

      Delete
    3. cantek la tu.

      Pacat takleh lepas.

      Lalang pun tak lut.

      Hahaha

      Delete
  2. That Bruce Lee guy passed by me then walked (I tak tahu I potong di ke tak lepas tu...how could I possibly miss bright yellow running gear?). Elok jugak dia potong I, helped me to jolt out of my wimpy-ness. Mihmihmih
    I actually felt better running this than Mizuno, despite the haze. And of course had fun (as always) jumpa kawan2! Muahs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.

      I felt today's run was easier than Mizuno too. And this after running a race the day before!

      Apsal eh? :P

      The Bruce Lee guy was behind me (according to Zaini) but he overtook me once we got to the inclines. I am so MALAS running up inclines. Huhuhu

      Yeah, it was great after race too! Best jumpa uols. :)

      Delete
  3. No bunny ears lately? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. been trying to be a bit low profile but I think it's not working :P

      Delete
  4. well, the haze over there is not that bad. Still ok to run. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the visibility is only up to 200m.

      Delete
    2. The haze was terrible lah. Mak Glam was stubborn and won't be able to sit still at home while others ran, so might as well join them and enjoy the haze!

      Delete
  5. I signed up for this race but pulled out at the last minute this morning cos of the haze. Don't want to risk any complications this close to SCKLM. Good to know the organizers handed out masks during the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup plenty of masks for everyone today.

      I sure hope next week it will be better otherwise have to rethink about SCKLM. :(

      Delete
  6. Good job Sis for finishing in style, with Raimie some more... Mother son bonding time together2 eh? Hehee..

    Doing 2 back2back events in the weekend? That's awesome.. Whatever it takes to stick to the training routine yes? Must run SCKLM fast to catch up with Raimie's Kid Dash, right.... Kudos!

    Yeah I had so much fun running this weekend... Less crowd n plenty of cold water n iso... Lots of marshalls too... Credits to Zaini for all the lovely pictures... He's good!

    See ya next week, Sis... Konpom super jittery like hell! Dup dap dup dapp...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the haze will be better next week otherwise, have to rethink about SCKLM if it's worse than today. :(

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Despite the haze, you've made it to the finishing line. Seemed easy this time!

      Delete
    2. Ini lar "proper" run eh?

      Delete
  8. Games for kids too... good one!
    But Raimie nak sokong mummy kan... very touching reading and looking at the photo, he ran together with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's always nice to have family support. :-D

      Delete
    2. I agree la, Raimie is such a sweet boy to mummy.

      Delete
  9. I wonder if Bruce Lee is still alive, he might look like that man in yellow minus all his muscles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to buy that Bruce Lee's outfit for my Jin Jin to flaunt his muscle when doing night cycling with me. Ahem! Sure, a lot of ladies will green with envy.

      Delete
    2. Jin jin wear that sure ichiban!... errr my Japanese correct hor???

      Delete
    3. Bantai saja Meow. As long as you sound cool.LOL

      Delete
  10. Your son is damn good to join you to run just to lift your spirit for the final laps! I was also touched by his gesture to show mummy all his support!!! Anak baik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mommy and daddy brainwashed him well. Lol

      Delete
  11. If everyone in the country loves to run in marathons, I think we will have peaceful country and no political squabbles. That shows most politicians need to run in marathons to have healthy minds and hearts besides detox their greeds and corruptions. What am I rambling here? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could only remember very well our first KL's Datuk Bandar Datuk Shahrir Abdul Samad used to wear running shoes and shorts & singlet to run regularly to his office while his driver drove straight to his office instead. No one else could do it like him. He used to be my hero then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now Mak Glam Lina is our bloggers' heroine!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice to meet you. nasib baik hang tak ingat aku nak paw laki hang. actually tgh cari tmpt nk parking moto, alih2 nmpk 3 familiar face, aku tegur je la, mana tau lepas ni tak jumpak dah.

    good thing about this run is the water station, 2 station ada 100 plus, and banyak water station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. matjoe,
      Great to finally meet you. Dah lama x update psl lari n join races kan?

      Yes, water stations were ample for us yesterday. Seb baik.

      Lps ni apa race masuk? :-)

      Delete
    2. masuk scklm la pasni, hm. belum cukup rajin nk update blog.

      Delete
  15. running in the haze huh?? errr, at least lucky to say today is worse than yesterday huh?? see, you were not wearing mask..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't that bad earlier in the morning but got progressively worse after that. O.O

      Delete
  16. Raimie is always such a sweet mommy boy right?? hmmm, good to have him running with you to the finishing line huh?? he looked so much sweeter than Bruce Lee with that one-of-a-kind stare lah~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHERE IS MAK REMPINATOR??
      sudah lari and not replying this comment from Ah Boy ke?? i want to COMPLAIN!!! LOL :D

      Delete
    2. ooooo revenge yer?

      Thot I get your attention. LOL

      Delete
  17. fuyoh, grabbing hunks to take photo together huh?? haiyoh, didn't get his name and surely didn't also get his number la?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oi! Me married dy, cannot simply ask for guys' numbers. :-D

      Delete
    2. I sokong lina. Yannie and Ah Hua also love taking pictures with Japanese flower boys, but we never take phone number la, address la,.....

      Delete
    3. Ya.... We enjoy the view only. :-D

      Delete
  18. the last photo.. were you doing Gangnam Style while enjoying the free popcorns?? poor Raimie, sitting there and pretended that he doesn't know you~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came to support my abam n oso my krazirunners sista! Mihmihmih... lov uols.. gagah berlari walau haze haze haze..

    Hope for the better health for this week scklm!! :)-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bett,
      You pun sangat gagah menyokong. Mihmihmih

      GWS!

      Delete
  20. aiyohhhh.... I feel like dying in this haze and you are still running LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KL wasn't as bad as Singapore last week.

      Today, suffer already. T___T

      Take care ECL.

      Delete
  21. The haze not so bad eh? That's why can still run here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wah! Now Zaini gave you tough love? Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh! Distracted by all the water stations? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kiasu mah.

      Got drinks, 100-plus some more... Must drink banyak2 lor :-D

      Delete
  24. Oh they provide face masks to runners too? But how to run wearing masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can what... Got few people doing it that day. :-D

      Delete
  25. Hopefully the haze will clear up fast. Can't stand it!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Zaini is such a strict and discipline person. Good to have him to motivate you this weay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it!

      I race to have fun. Not chase time. :-P

      Delete
  27. Are you guys sure it's OK to run in that awful air? (@_@) I'd happily stay at home with a book. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The haze must've seeped into the brain and fog my mind. :-D

      Delete
  28. Drink must drink more water.....cannot fall sick....got some more run ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahem...this round no cari toilet ke?? :p *nottie me*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.

      Bladder & tummy very good this week. LOL

      Thank you for noticing :-D

      Delete
  30. *touched* raimie such good boy ler..*melts*....wearing mask and running to support mommy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts