More Running Nonsense

How is your Merdeka weekend, Malaysians? Great I hope. ^^

I'm always excited when the weekend is here because that means I can do long runs at leisure. Boy, was I at leisure getting ready and going out for a run for these past two days. I went out for a run at almost 9.00am yesterday and today, despite waking up at 5.00am, ready by 6.30am; I only started my run at 8.00am!

Was hoping to bump into some crazy runners who are doing their runs in Putrajaya this morning as I know Ray  and a few others are doing their 12 Hours prep for Craze Ultramarathon; and Jamie & Nick are doing their runs at a slightly less crazy time; starting at 5.30am. I hadn't plan to run with them but was hoping to get a whiff of their "smoke" if they pass me but I guess I started too late. By the time I texted Nick, after my toilet break at KM9 point, he had already finished his run.
Nicked from Zaini's Endomondo hence the cycling mode on the map. ^^
It was a pretty comfortable run up to KM6 - saw lots of friendly runners, joggers and cyclists; until I needed to tackle a few mean inclines - steep one from under the Seri Wawasan bridge and on the bridge; then the PICC hill itself. Then, we (me on foot & Zaini cycled) headed to Pullman.

Saw a group picniking by the lake in complete Raya attire. I guess it's a Raya makan cum photo session. LOL

Zaini - he's such a dear, as he accompanied me all through the 16K I did. Imagine cycling at such a slow pace that I can catch up and chit-chat with him during the run - for 2 hours! He has butt of steel!

At almost 10am, the sun was already up in full force (the sun was kind earlier in the morning so we had a nice, overcast weather at first) and I do hate running when it gets too hot. Decided to stop as we reached Palace of Justice, making a total of 16K run today. Let's see if I can "convince" myself to go out earlier tomorrow and do a 20K! Lina boleh! Lina boleh! wakaka
A treat after the run.

I don't need other "lauk" if there's petai. Sambal kerang (cockles) petai. Yummzz.... and a malt drink. I usually either drink this or chocolate milk or plain milk as my recovery drink after any 2-hour run. ;p

Comments

  1. alamak......petai........gatal wanna cook petai now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butt of steel. Hmmm.....sound like some one reading too much kekekeke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kakaka... you need butt of steel to cycle that long! I can't do it! Despite wearing cycling shorts (yes, I do own them too.) ^^

      Delete
  3. so early wake up ah.....hmmm.....am still in snoozeland LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What to do. It'll be crazy to run later than 8.00am in this weather! xD

      Delete
  4. terror lah you woke up so early in the morning on a weekend!! i only forcefully dragged myself out from my bed at 9 plus..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice... can happily wake up late.

      I can't. 7 hours sleep already give me a headache. I need 5 hours minimum or 6 hours (ideally).

      Delete
    2. We call it natural wake up....

      Delete
  5. hahaha!! butt of steel?? sound like someone reading too much?? reading too much of those "salty wet" comments i supposed~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all think "serong" as always lah! wakaka

      Delete
  6. how sweet zaini cycling next to you to make you company?? hehehehe, the whole scene seems to be those bollywood movie, the guy is courting the girl lah.. so lomantik!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking it looked like he's the coach! LOL

      He knew I wanted to cover more distance this morning and he'll probably be bored waiting for me for more than 2 hours! xD

      Actually I thought he'd start with me and then left me to cycle alone. Turned out he patiently cycled just in front of me.

      *love him*

      Delete
  7. fuyoh!! kepunan for petai for one whole week already?? after running straight away go for nasi petai~~ kerang ok for me but not petai lah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can indulge today lah, as tomorrow not working. Won't stink up the office toilet!

      If kerang got petai, would you put aside the petai and still eat the kerang?

      Delete
  8. nice ke that malt drink?? have not actually drank that before.. hehehehe, drinking "nen nen" after your run to recover?? or replenish for the sake of a bigger pair of betiks?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the malt drink. It does refreshed me after my runs. Never drink it during as it doesn't come in plastic bottle and I do like to drink it chilled. ;)

      I minum cow punye nen nen... very good recovery drink - all that protein. Put chocolate for better effect, I read somewhere.

      Drink nen nen can get big betik kah? How come I punya tak big pun? wakaka

      Delete
  9. I think I will go get myself an ice cold Malta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :)

      I had a coke before reaching PoJ and then the Malta afterwards. Super nice.

      Delete
  10. I don't take petai but that plate of rice sure looks yummy!

    So sweet of Zaini to keep you company but these days, better be safe than sorry, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putrajaya, and where I usually do my runs there is quite safe. Very safe, as a matter of fact. CCTV are working there. It's right at Presint 18 house owners' backyards and there are quite a number of cyclists and casual joggers there too. Families having picnics too.

      My neighbourhood OTOH... well, for one - too many strays! @.@

      Delete
  11. It's another festival already?! That's the biggest advantage of a multi-cultural country: lots of holidays and special days and festivals and stuff.

    I didn't know what Merdeka was, but then I read HappySurfer's post. Now I know. You guys are keeping me educated. ^^

    PS: Butt of steel, huh? Better than a rikisha guy's? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you knew it's our Independence Day that we are celebrating. ^^

      Rikisha guys' butts are a league of their own! Must ogle from close quarters one of these days. You coming? ;p

      Delete
  12. I don't mind just sambal petai alone too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fuhhhh minim Guinness...
    Luckily it is not guinness stout...
    Nanti lari lintang pukang
    Bang here and there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows it can make one run faster... like Drunken Master like that? wakaka

      Delete
  14. So 2 more weeks to go for the taiping run...
    R u ready? Kakaka..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wuaaaaaa, kak Lina, I havent started running 4 KOTR not just yet, so freaking panick n nervous wreck too, must run today, do-or-die mode activated... Lookin forward to meet ya in Taiping Marathon too... I`m doin my 7th HM... Still havent reach my target PB of Sub 2.15 Sob2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you at both KOTR & TIM. ^^

      I think bunny will made its appearance at Taiping. Say hello when you see it!

      & all the best in training & the runs!

      Apa target for both? :)

      Delete
  16. Wahhh... hot hot pink Bunny will b running its HM in TIM, super Awesome Gangnam style! Let me b your running Carrot then, LOL... I`m juz wanna target PB around 2.20 shud b suffice, as I heard TIM last year was raining n killer rolling hills... Goshh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye ker? Doc Julin Julai (Taiping runner) who did HM there last year said it's OK. Hujan tu... biasala Tepeng katakan. ;p

      OMG! You are giving me ideas!!! With that Gangnam Style mention. kekeke

      Delete
    2. pssttt.... 2hr 20m is my target too. Kekononnya nak better the SCKLM timing. ;)

      Delete
    3. Yeahhh... kak Lina, sooo lookin forward 4 see a Bunny doing a Gangnam Style at the finishing line in Taiping... Shud be awesome... Hehee... Yayyy, we shared the same target 4 PB... Must do 16k++ LSD around Putrajaya too this 2 weeks time... I just luv running there, even at night, felt so safe... =D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts