Food Court Favourite

Once a week, I would head probably to Oasis Food Court in Mid Valley to eat something hearty for dinner. Son doesn't like the place but he begrudgingly agrees to go with me there. And I'd go somewhere he'd prefer on other nights as we usually spend Tuesday and Thursday evening together having our Mom & Son "date". ^^
Pan mee! Halal pan mee. And the kick is the chilli. If I don't have that chilli sauce, this pan mee would taste just so-so.

Taste wise; well... it had deteriorated from what it was when the food court was located just above where Gardens Cafe is located now, before it moved to the current location.

But I still visit the stall. The stall used to have a good prawn mee too but not really good for my taste anymore. 
This is another favourite place of mine to have dinner. And I almost always order the same thing. Plus other favourites like beef bulgogi and tteokbokki. 

Not located in a food court. It's at LG floor of Gardens Mall. Ko Hyang is a simple place to have pretty good Korean fare.

They just did a menu revamp so I'm not sure whether the quality/price/portion will remain the same in the future.

You know lah, Malaysian businesses. Once they do good, they start cutting corners.

I hope they don't.

Comments

  1. rarely eat at foodcourt in shopping malls nowadays..

    because mostly are very commercialized (you know i meant the price)..

    and that most, if not all, stalls are manned by trained foreign "culinary professionals"..

    i prefer authentic ones at rundown hawker stalls, haha!!

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But authentic punya I cannot eat one! Huhuhu

      Delete
  2. Oasis Foodcourt in MV.. i've been there like a couple of times..

    tried that pan mee which i guess is rather popular huh?? long queue dei..

    it was nice, i remember, and not expensive too..

    but then i avoid going there because of the very bad ventilation..

    i hate myself to smell like cooking when i get back to office, haha!!

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stall is quite popular as it was when it was at the old location. But not as popular as the Portuguese grill stall.

      Delete
  3. I love pan mee soup. Healthier than the fried noodle.

    I love to go to Oasis food court if I am in Mid Valley but my hubby doesnt like there. Too crowdy and food can be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But hey... crowded or not, can't beat a RM6.90 for a big serving of pan mee there!

      I need to save money! Hahaha

      Delete
  4. pan mee ...I love but must be with a lot of cakur manis. Baru best. There are many chili Pan mee place but am not accustomed to all the chili flakes into the Pan mee. Preferred the sambal chili padi...fuiyoh...syok max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha

      Kuat makan cili padi la ini Meow. :)

      Delete
  5. yea ....i find same too...after some time the :"good stall: food become not so good. At times i wonder is it my tastebuds changed ..or maybe eat too many times already become jelak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's because we are jelak though...

      Delete
  6. I loves pan mee, same as SK, i seldom go foodcourts, i prefer to go coffeeshop eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same price range there between food court and coffeshop?

      Delete
  7. The beef Kim chi or bulbogi looks good. I always ate at food courts in Singapore. That's where I can get my meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in my photo is soon dubu jigae which is my favourite. But yes, their bulgogi is nice too. :)

      Delete
  8. I love Korean food! Just recently only I tried Bibimbap and I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too!

      So healthy too, with all the assortments of vege, right?

      But somehow soon dubu jigae always win over bibimbap for me. LOL

      Delete
  9. ooh.. I always order the ikan bakar if I go to that food court. It's easier to get to compared to the one in Petaling Street...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh the Portuguese Ikan Bakar? Popular la that one. :)

      Delete
  10. I think for the son, hearty dinner means TGIF or Sushi Zanmai kot. Food court means cheap dinner LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seriously haven't been to Sushi Zanmai in ages!!!!!! Lol

      Delete
  11. I went to this Oasis a few times. Both MV food courts are interesting enough to attract me to makan there, no complains. I love Ko Hyang too and always have to wait so long for a seat.

    Usually Pan Mee tastes bland but it's the marinated meat and chilly that makes it yummy! This food is the Chinese Hakka's clan food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ko Hyang must go before 7pm for dinner. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts