2 More Months Left - My Race Calendar
We're approaching November soon. Two months left before we enter the year 2015!
I can't help to review and look back at my running activities and to plan for next year's. ^^
So these are the ones I did and will do in 2014. Only 18 races registered and I plan to register for the Newton Challenge as part of training at the end of December.
Rather an eclectic mix of distances ran this year, some I did alone, a few I ran with hubby and a few I did with the family.
This was errmmm... somewhat an improvement from last year. I registered for 25 races in 2013!
25 races sure cost me a pretty penny! It really was a bummer when I can't run in some of them (what we call a DNS) due to race postponement, commitment or injuries.
I can be rather prone to want to run in races for the company and for the crowd and sometimes that made me register for races on a whim, provided that it fits in my training plan.
Like the CAPAM race that I registered 2 days before the event, just because I need to run 21K that Sunday in accordance to my training plan and I didn't want to do it alone. So, bye-bye RM60.00 Hahaha
Anyways, I've registered for 2 races for 2015 so far.
One, in Melaka. In January.
Another, in Sabah. In April.
I've set my eyes on 9 races that I want to do next year. 9 BIG ones.
Hopefully, I won't succumb too much to temptation and suddenly have like, 29 races next year! *finger crossed*
If you ask me why I need to register and run in races; well, the answers are :
- Safety (It's better for a lone female runner to run in races as part of her training than running alone). I don't run in groups. Not that I never tried.
- Discipline - I can wake up at 4am for a race but I can be lazy to do it for a normal training run.
- Mixture of routes and venues (this is to avoid boredom, mostly). And occasionally, running in races can also be a family vacation affair.
- Company - being together with other like-minded people doing what we love.
- Free flow of drinks(?) - isotonic, milo and yeah, get t-shirts too. HAHAHA
I'm looking forward to run with Son this Sunday at MAKNA Founder's Night Run in Putrajaya. It's a 5K fun run.
Then, the next morning; Son & Hubby will do a 3K run at SJMC run and Mommy a 7K.
Yeah, Mommy is a slave-driver. heh heh